HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davy, do you need a whole door or just the door panel skin? I am in Oakland and now have two Z's that are non op. So, I should have a door panel for you. And if you could wait like a month I could lend you a whole door, panel and all. Let me know.

You know, I think both would be good. Yes, I could wait 1 month for the 280Z door LOL; no one else has stepped up to the plate! Many thanks. I'm sure the 240Z door/panels will keep them busy.

Davy

Dan, not to steal your thunder and yes, I do have the greatest respect for John Washington and his products, but I didn't want this thread hijacked! :twak:;)

Sorry Davy' date=' I just wasn't thinking. :oops::banghead:

I'll move this to a new thread.[/quote']

Dan, I would have deleted it myself if I had thought it was truly reprehensible, but I did want to bring it to your attention without clubbing you over the head---I leave that to the smileys. No worries. Sorry to see that you deleted all your posts. It's not what I had intended you to do. No harm no foul.

Davy

Look at what's down there on both sides. It was totally out of the question in my car. ON the drivers side it would have covered either the stock ECu or the AutoX speedometer dirve and the left foot rest and on the passenger side would have covered the fuse panel.

That's not the case in my 240 as a matter of fact I already have custom kick panel speakers insatalled. I just would rather have them angle towards the cab. The fuse panel in my 240 is under the center console.

I might have some pics in my album if anyone wants to tak a look.

Isk

I spoke with Pete (the fabricator) last night. Price point on these will be significantly less then some of the other fiberglass panels out there. I'm trying to coordinate with him to get the doors to him. After that, he'll make an initial run and I'll be posting to see who is interested. He also makes BRE kits and widebody kits for 510s so....I'm trying to convince him of producing for the S30 models. Price point would be roughly $200 per corner!!!!!!!!!!!! Not bad for a widebody....

More to come.

Davy

I spoke with Pete (the fabricator) last night. Price point on these will be significantly less then some of the other fiberglass panels out there. I'm trying to coordinate with him to get the doors to him. After that' date=' he'll make an initial run and I'll be posting to see who is interested. ...

More to come.

Davy[/quote']

Anxiously waiting! Please sign me up, as well!

Thanks for getting this organized' date=' Davy.

And ditto what MatMan said for me too![/quote']

Cool--I'll be keeping us updated, but this is going to happen in the next month or two. The guy is very cool and seems easy to work with.

Anyone that is interested should indicate as such on this thread for now. If I said that the panels would come in under $200, would more people respond??

Davy

Guest traub83

ill be interested in some door pannels for my 240z, I think id just take plain jane fiberglass and I will paint it to match my car when it goes to the booth!!! what size speakers are you figuring the pannels will be able to support safely?? a 6.5" comp set or 5.25" or larger???

Also Id be up for some kick panels aswell!!!