HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

Update: Pete is nearly finished with the final panel ready to cop a mold from--man' date=' I'm getting anxious!!!

Davy[/quote']

You think you are! I've got 38 days to have my Z ready. Lets get on this. I have my material laying across the hood ready to go. I've even been looking at the right size speakers, not that I can afford the radio to go with it after all this. LOL

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think you are! I've got 38 days to have my Z ready. Lets get on this. I have my material laying across the hood ready to go. I've even been looking at the right size speakers, not that I can afford the radio to go with it after all this. LOL

I'll let him know you have very little time before the show to get it ready and hopefully he'll kick it up a few notches. Remember they are holes for 6.5" round speakers.

Davy

• 2 weeks later...

Davy,

Put me down for a set for a late 260Z. Also, if you would like to test fit the 240Z panels on my car to see if they'll fit a late 260Z/280Z or would like to see some door panels up close, let me know (I don't want to part with the set I have though).

Davy' date='

Put me down for a set for a late 260Z. Also, if you would like to test fit the 240Z panels on my car to see if they'll fit a late 260Z/280Z or would like to see some door panels up close, let me know (I don't want to part with the set I have though).[/quote']

I did get your email and tried to reply, but your email is blocked or full. When he has the final version of the panel made up you can do that AFAIC; he's in San Jose...

Just keep looking for updates.

Davy

• 4 months later...

Davy,

I have 2 280z doors minus the panels that I can give up for the cause. I just saw the post and my girl wants me to clear the garage and since I no longer have the 280z...... I just moved up to Brentwood, but will be in San Jose Saturday. I can drop the doors off at your house since I will be passing thru Fremont. PM me with your address.

When you are done with them you give them to one of the memembers that might need it.

I also have a passenger door for a 240 if you need it.

• 4 weeks later...
any progress?

None that I know of. My contact is busy with life and other things. I'm not sure of the outcome here. If I hear anything new, I'll make sure everyone is aware of it. If it was just me making these things, I'd be forthright and keep everyone updated.

I'm glad I did not take any deposits. What has happened in the past on this site with guys promising parts, taking deposits or whole payments, and then disappearing makes my stomach turn. I am still trying to make this happen, but I'm not sure if my contact will come through--his life is more complicated than mine (that's enough said right there). If it was just me making these, I'd like to think I would have had a few finished by now.

Davy

• 7 months later...

Well it took long enough right?!?!? Better late than never I always say.

I have four sets of panels that are ready to ship and two sets of arm rest that are ready to ship as well, as you can see in the pics I've shown them with my custom arm rest, the shorter factory arm rest and a late model 280Z 2X2 arm rest as well. Its all up to you want you want to use ... maybe you don't even want a handle.

I built my custom handles with the idea that I would need a place for my window switches and a door pull. I borrowed the handle cup from my 2004 Mitsubishi Galant although you may choose a different type or application. Keep in mind however that the arm rest is tappered so you may be limited in your selection

As far as the window crank goes ... you can NOT!!! use the factory handle. It will not clear the speaker pod and its not long enough to clear the inside of the panel (it doesn't stick out past the new panel) as pictured below.

I'm sure there are several options for power windows but the one that I recommend is listed here: http://www.spal-usa.com/

Their kit is simple to install and comes with everything you need to make the switch to power windows. I personally bought a set for my VW Cabriolet/Rabbit back in 2000 and I've never had a problem with them. Anyone with basic tools and the ability to hook up the 12V and a ground wire can do it.

Cost: 230.00 for a set of panels and 55.00 for my custom handles, I realize that the price is a bit more than the initial estimated cost of 200.00 but I have to keep a roof over my head and beer in my fridge.

Panel installation is simple, you can pop rivet the panels to the factory upper door trim and/or bond it together with a basic two part epoxy. As a Courtesy I will pop rivet and bond the two pieces together if you send me your factory upper door trim with your payment

If any of you are interested in purchasing a set or if you have any questions you can contact me at: probinson_2000@yahoo.com or drop me a line at 510-938-8297. Im located in the San Francisco bay area, Santa Clara, Ca to be exact.

handle1_thumb.JPG

P1010278_thumb.JPG

P1010236_thumb.JPG

P1010251_thumb.JPG

P1010253_thumb.JPG