HybridZ

Fiberglass Interior Door Panels

DavyZ

Hey Davy, since you're communicating with th guy making the panels maybe you can realy some questions...?

I'm just curious about provisions for the window crank and the interior door handle? Are these still going to be functional? I didn't notice them existing in the pic of the 510 panels? The window crank is not a big deal, but I will definitly need the handle. Thanks.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, there is a lot more 280Z interest then I had previously thought there would be---that's good. The 280Z panels will be fabbed up a bit after the 240Z panels are.

Traub, the speakers I think will be standard(?) 6.5" round and 1" tweeters.

Jaime, the 510 door pic doesn't have the holes for the window crank or door latch in it yet, but the speaker provisions are there because they are molded to begin with. I'm everything will be functional---if I get different info, I'll let everyone know.

Glad to hear there is a good amount of interest for these.

I must find out what the deal is with the 280Z doors and why there are two different latching mechanisms. I'll have to get away to a junkyard soon.

Once these get underway, we'll see about 280ZX door panels, but that's in the future for sure...first things first...

Davy

I have 240Z, door and both styles of 280Z doors so if you need any measurements let me know.

I think the only difference between the 280 doors is the location of the door lock pull. To over come this I would design the panels with no door lock pull and mold in reliefs on the inside for each style. Then the buyer can drill the hole where they need it and it won't require two different molds. The 260 and 280 armrests and door pulls have the same mounting holes, but the 240's are different.

Guest 71ZZZZZ

I'd be interested in a set for my '71 240, btw how would the speakers mount into the panel...looks to be a flush mount from the pictures, can't figure how you would fasten the speakers properly...

(also sent an email...)

I'd be interested in a set for my '71 240' date=' btw how would the speakers mount into the panel...looks to be a flush mount from the pictures, can't figure how you would fasten the speakers properly...

(also sent an email...)[/quote']

Got your email and sent it back. The speakers mount to a ring glassed into the rear of the panel.

The guy took my 240Z door the other night along with some fiberglass parts as well. I was not able to find my old 240Z panels, only my pristine ones that I cannot give him. I need a passenger door 240Z interior panel that he can thrash and no one will miss when it is gone.

If there is someone local to me (SF Bay Area) that can spare giving me an old passenger door interior panel from a 240Z, we need one. Note: you won't get it back since it will get dismantled in the fabrication process. Let me know!!

Davy

I have 240Z' date=' door and both styles of 280Z doors so if you need any measurements let me know.

I think the only difference between the 280 doors is the location of the door lock pull. To over come this I would design the panels with no door lock pull and mold in reliefs on the inside for each style. Then the buyer can drill the hole where they need it and it won't require two different molds. The 260 and 280 armrests and door pulls have the same mounting holes, but the 240's are different.[/quote']

I actually need the door and panels themselves at this point, but thanks for offering the measurements---if we absolutely need them, I'll be sure and contact you. Great ideas about the reliefs in back BTW--I mentioned that to him when he came over the other night.

Davy

DAVYZ, I have my oem '72 interior door panels sitting here, both L and R. I am willing to sacrafice. I'll PM you my contact info.

Jaime, thanks for donating the panels and we'll meet up at my place for Thursday. Thanks very much for donating these panels as it will go far in getting these produced. I figure he could do a run of 10 and sell them quickly. I don't know his timeframe, but I'll ask him about it when I see him next.

Again, many thanks! :2thumbs:

Davy

Hey Davy. I now have the space cleared out for me to put the car in. It will take a little work getting it in however. My shop is on the second floor of the building ( has a loading dock on the floor too) So I either need a flat bed tow truck or a fork lift. My building manager was supposed to leave me with the fork lift before he went away this week but forgot to. So I will either wait till next week or call AAA and have a flat bed sent. From there I just have to drive it down the hall to my shop. So this is just an update and I didn't want you to think I flaked on you.

I'll let you know asap as soon as this happens,

Kyle

Hey Davy. I now have the space cleared out for me to put the car in. It will take a little work getting it in however. My shop is on the second floor of the building ( has a loading dock on the floor too) So I either need a flat bed tow truck or a fork lift. My building manager was supposed to leave me with the fork lift before he went away this week but forgot to. So I will either wait till next week or call AAA and have a flat bed sent. From there I just have to drive it down the hall to my shop. So this is just an update and I didn't want you to think I flaked on you.

I'll let you know asap as soon as this happens' date='

Kyle[/quote']

Kyle, I didn't think you flaked at all--I knew your situation would take time. This was for the 280Z panels, right? (I'm forgetting already *sigh*) I'll get them from you when you are able to make the exchange, so no worries. We'll stay in touch. Thanks.

Davy

Guest 71ZZZZZ
Right on Davy! It was nice to meet you and your family. I'm really hoping this door panel project goes well. Only "bad" part is I will need to buy new component speakers to fit the panel. :-D Fortunately I already have a set picked out!!!

jaime240z...cool of you to donate your original parts for the cause!...What component speaker system are you looking at? I'm thinking either a Boston Acoustics 6.5 or CDT CL-65 system...

Hey Davy...I assume the fabricator "Pete" is taking account the spacing to fit the larger speaker into the existing cutouts in the doors? I orginally had 4" speakers in that space...I'm excited to see how this will turn out...

:cool: