HybridZ

Guess I can join the club now!

zeeboost

zeeboost1-breakin.JPG

Don't think that's something to brag about, though. Not a good way to start my Friday morning :-( . The cops fingerprinted the scene, but I doubt I'll hear anything from this. Talk about unexpected! The reason why we chose to live here was because of the "low crime-rate". What's interesting is I had $200+ worth of car parts sitting on the passenger floorboard, but I guess the only thing they were interested in was the $800 cd player in the dash. Oh wait, they also stole the first-aid kit behind my seat, but they probably needed it for their bloody knuckles from busting my window. I wish I would've taken the serial number from the back of the cd player so I could identify it as mine -- I guess I'll know better for next time. It's times like this I'm glad Kiwi (my yellow 240zt) is locked up in her garage.

The officer taking the prints said that Austin's crime / theft rates had really increased since the people from Louisiana flocked over here...

Oh yeah, I also had the spare keys to my v8 280zx, parked only a few spots over, laying right on top of a Victoria British magazine. Good thing they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

not cool, last nite i came home, and my mom was putting a garbage bag on the van becuz sum1 busted into the van and didn't steal anything?!?!?

We've never had any problems b4, but the one time my sister drives it into richmond and BAM.

Had a few problems with the van b4, but not it getting broken into. I guess sum1 thinks.....hmmmmmmmm, a 2004 siena must have alot of cool stuff in it(granted it comes stock with a JBL sound system and 12" sub in the back, but nuthing was takin?) Broke in, and left everything.

That center piece will just snap back in. If they broke the clips, I'm a tech at a Ford dealership, so I can get them for free. I think I'll just install the factory stereo back in there. Oh yeah, they also stole the factory speakers behind my seat...sheesh. On a plus note, I found a junkyard that has my window for $45, so at least I won't be freezing my butt off in the morning.

• 1 year later...

Got a double-dip this morning. Same damn thing, except this time I didn't have the cd face on the player. When I first installed this cd player, I removed the face everytime and took it into my apartment, but every morning, as soon as I would hop in the truck, I would realize that I forgot the face in the apartment. So, I eventually just started putting the face behind my seat. Well, it held out a bit longer, but last night the thief found it behind the seat and ripped the deck out, too. This crap is getting old...I'm tired of giving them my cd decks.

The officer taking the prints said that Austin's crime / theft rates had really increased since the people from Louisiana flocked over here...

Oh yeah, I also had the spare keys to my v8 280zx, parked only a few spots over, laying right on top of a Victoria British magazine. Good thing they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

It is a lot worse in Houston! Now since the Feds have extended the freebies until 2009, I bet they stay here forever.

It is a lot worse in Houston! Now since the Feds have extended the freebies until 2009, I bet they stay here forever.

Sorry for your prob guys, but it not just you thats having to suffer from this. Even us Louisiana folks have this prob. Its the N.O. bunch thats causing everybody the problems.

And its not the good folks from N.O. thats causing this, its the bottom feeders that were doing the same thing before they were displaced... :cuss:

I didn't mean to offend you by that. I've met several great people from LA. One of my Zs was purchased from a Louisianer, and that dude was by far one of the most generous persons I've met. Crime is everywhere - it wasn't my intention to give you guys a bad rap. You can call me a redneck if it makes you feel any better. :-)

I didn't mean to offend you by that. I've met several great people from LA. One of my Zs was purchased from a Louisianer, and that dude was by far one of the most generous persons I've met. Crime is everywhere - it wasn't my intention to give you guys a bad rap. You can call me a redneck if it makes you feel any better. :-)

I surely did mean to imply you were implying that.... :lmao: I was just confirming that those POS's are spread out every where even in their home state.... :icon50: