HybridZ

z car junk yards or (r200 3.36 for trade)

Tekira

Considering the last few I've seen for sale on Egay, including this one> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-240Z-280ZX-300ZX-R200-LSD-Limited-Slip-NR_W0QQitemZ8010732575QQcategoryZ33731QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem have sold for well over $500.00. It may be hard finding someone with a LSD to swap you out ....

I think the r200 3.36 is just as rare as the 3.7 lsd. Maybe not worth 500 bucks but if someone has a 3.7 lsd and they need a 3.36 for there turbo seems to be a fair trade to me.

Ive seen a buncha r200 3.7 LSDs go for near the $800 range after shipping, on ebay. I don't think a 3.36 is worth THAT much. Also 3.54's are everywhere and the difference isn't very much for acceleration, noticeable for top speeds of course. Also they do sell a 4 pinion (i think it is four any way) LSD for the r180 that should get you a good deal of strength with the readily available 3.36's and for about the same as the 3.7LSD cept it is the ratio you want and it is LSD. Good luck to you though, it is worth whatever whomever will pay for it.

3.7 sitting on my garage shelf, I don't know what it is really since it was given to me, I didn't take the cover off it yet but the guy claimed it was rebuilt... several times. It has a huge cover that has like 4" fins coming off it, it looks cool, but it probably won't fit in my car like that. it also has a round flange on the input shaft that doesn't look likt my 180, I haven't looked intot heis swap enough, but I know i'll need the half shafts at least changed out. I certainly would like a 336 R200. But my 180 is still holding in there.

3.7 sitting on my garage shelf, I don't know what it is really since it was given to me, I didn't take the cover off it yet but the guy claimed it was rebuilt... several times. It has a huge cover that has like 4" fins coming off it, it looks cool, but it probably won't fit in my car like that. it also has a round flange on the input shaft that doesn't look likt my 180, I haven't looked intot heis swap enough, but I know i'll need the half shafts at least changed out. I certainly would like a 336 R200. But my 180 is still holding in there.

Sounds like an LSD from the cover.... Is it a longnose? Does it say viscous anywhere on it? I wonder if you got the 87-89 LSD...

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like an LSD from the cover.... Is it a longnose? Does it say viscous anywhere on it? I wonder if you got the 87-89 LSD...

What is the dimension for the long nose, if you can tell me where to measure from/to, I'll measure it. It's at least 4" longer then the 180 just be looking at it. The guy I got it from said it was already in a Z with a 350 but the car was rebuilt with a straight axel for drag racing.