HybridZ

When making metal radiator piping... steel alright?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

I'm running an AZ car radiator, and yes i searched, every application i've seen for his hosing suggestions went around a car that didn't have turbo plumbing between the head and the radiator.

in my application, i have a 2.5" coldside intercooler pipe intersecting the space that would typically make up the area the radiator hose uses.

i've looked @ samco sections and the likes... seems like it would just be easier in my application to build my upper pipe out of hardline...

i see jegs has mild steel 1.5" pipe, which is the same diameter the AZ car is and my upper thermostat inlet as well, now the AZ car unit being aluminum, and the piping being mild steel, would this have any ill effects? i don't see why it should considering the block is cast iron and the sleeves are whatever they are, then the head is aluminum as well, but i figured i'd ask just in case my metillurgy is a little rough.

any issues w/ this idea? or is it a fairly sane decision?

Guest 73Turbo240z

dsc053714ax.th.jpg

dsc053739cq.th.jpg

dsc053743pt.th.jpg

dsc053695er.th.jpg

this will kinda show you what i'm working w/... excuse the crappy looking pipes, can't paint em till we finish welding a bead on all the areas needed.

I used a steel exhaust adapter for a couple of years in my old car. Tac Welded a pc of welding rod around it to hold the hoses. No paint, no antifreeze, just water wetter. I had it out last night. It looked terrible but there was no metal lost. I'm going to bead blast it and put it in another car.