HybridZ

Would you put these wheels on your Z?

I have a set of 17" FWD wheels on my Z now, but I'm thinking of swapping them for some 18x8 wheels.

The old wheels are 17x7.5 +38 or +40mm (can'tremember), and I have a two piece 5 lug 4x4.5 lug pattern adaptor/spacer.

I'm hoping they will fit the same although the size/offset is slightly different. Anybody know if I should be alright with them? I do run coilovers.

NEW

Motegi_Racing_Hyper_Black_DPK_s18x8_40mm_offsetJPG.JPG

OLD

3101Im000443_6x450-med.jpg

Guest Z Draci
I just made one decision about them if I do go with them' date=' not go 18. I will just keep the 17" size...

Maybe the smart thing to do would be to dump the 5 lug adaptors and find a nice wheel in 4 lug with 0 offset.....[/quote']

That's what I would do!

I think the S30's look weird with modern 16+ inch wheels with a positive offset.

An S30 should look like it came straight from the 70's.

I personally would only put vintage 8-spoke racing wheels that have zero or negative offset.

They would be no more than 15 inches in diameter but close to 10 inches in width.

(stretched sidewalls would be a plus)

Japan is flooded with perfect sized wheels for us. (15x10 with -25 offset)

cruisecc-img600x450-1132221502cimg2879.jpg

Personally I really like them in comparison to the old wheels. IMO and no offense intended, but I think thats been the only thing that I wasn't like holy sh*t when I look at your car. I'm a big fan of a the lip and I think it would really set your car off, not to mention the black coloring would tie into the engine bay color scheme tying the entire car together. Now I'm not necessarily saying these wheels, cause you don't have the big brakes and there isn't a whole lot of metal in the center, which again IMO would create the whole floating car look which is never good. Something in a similar style or like Z Draci's post would really make your car even more WOW.

Tyson

I'm waiting on the seller to measure the lip on the black center wheels. I asked him if he can garuntee the wheel to look 100% like the pic, (lip), that I would buy a set.

He said he would measure them and let me know tomorrow...

BTW, they are Gunmetal centers with a polished lip.

They are only $469.00 a set + $70 ship.

J' date=' If you want to get rid of your adapters let me know. I cant seen to get any 4 to 5 stud locally.

Cheers, Douglas[/quote']

You are the third member to ask for them. If I do decide to not use them, I will go down the line in order as asked for them.

Thanks

j.