HybridZ

Why I hate Yahoo Auction Japan...

S30TRBO

I love it don't get me wrong, to bad you don't see the parts and cars for sale over here like that.

It must be nice to have a friend bid on items for you. I have some friends that are over in Japan but I haven't worked your angle yet. To bad the banking systems are different the Japanese could make a killing if they could ship out of county.

I have been looking for 2 15x8 XR-4 Longchamps I wonder if your friend could help me out? :) :)

How can they not ship out of the country? My Japanese friend who is going to school here got all of his parts to turbocharge his KA 24 240SX from yahoo Japan. He had shipped over a T25 turbo, intercooler, and injectors all from an SR20. I don't know if he had it sent to his parents first, but I saw the boxes, and they were sent from Japan.

http://www.rinkya.com

I just do a search for "fairlady" and look at the pictures.

I have never ordered anything through them.

I mentioned this on another forum and some people got pissed. Apparently it works well enough that they didn't want others to find out about it.

I hate when people think the sun only shines for them. Great link vachonz, Thanks.

Ari

My Japanese friend who is going to school here..

That's why he is Japanese... I can only assume someone took care of his transaction or he has a bank account in Japan. Some will only ship in country then it's up to whoever you know in country to ship it to the states. Shipping from Japan is outrageous. Shipping from a military base is the way to go, much cheaper then shipping from outside the installation gate.

Let me clarify. If he has a bank account in Japan of course they will ship out of county and some cases they may not. If I have a bank account at (example) Bank of America and I want to buy a part from the site most banks won't convert funds and do electronic deposit in the banks (in Japan) that are out of the US banking system network. If the day comes when Yahoo Auctions Japan accept foreign paying services (i.e. Paypal) it will make the transaction much easier.

Most people I know like David K has a friend living in county that bid on items and are paid US Dollars from the states. It's a lot easier to give a friend in Japan cash and have them deal with the seller directly by means of converting dollars to yen using your friends in country Japan bank account then they can pay the seller. They play a middle man and some make a good living at it too.

A couple friends of mine in California used that service once and got ripped. One friend of mine ordered and paid for a front clip and when he got it pieces of it was missing. When he questioned they said you didn't pay for the pieces that came extra on the front clip i.e. steering rack, fenders, m/c...

I would beware...

I find what i want, my friend bids on it and then pays for it when auction is finished. The stuff arrives at his house, then he ships it off to me. He then emails me the amount i owe him, then i include a little extra for gas and running around town. I send payment in form of international money order.

FYI, most sellers on Y! Japan Auctions will not ship internationally. I am currently looking for a skyline steering wheel for the z32 icon10.gif

A stock steering wheel? Hakosuka? Ken-Mary? R32, R33, R34? GTR? GTS?

If I see one I'll let you know....for those who don't know, I'm stationed in Japan and sometimes come into parts that are either given to me, or left laying around in junk yards. If I see things of interest, I'll let you all know.

Speaking of which...there's an R32 that's being parted out as we speak. The engine has been spoken for....and possibly the rear end.....

I find what i want' date=' my friend bids on it and then pays for it when auction is finished. The stuff arrives at his house, then he ships it off to me. He then emails me the amount i owe him, then i include a little extra for gas and running around town. I send payment in form of international money order.

FYI, most sellers on Y! Japan Auctions will not ship internationally. I am currently looking for a skyline steering wheel for the z32 [img']http://forums.hybridz.org/images/icons/icon10.gif[/img]

When I was in japan I used to buy stuff off yahoo auctions and send it all over the place. Its next to impossible to do unless you have someone in the country who can get by in japanese, or through a pseudo organization that will bid on items for you and then charge you a percentage(I've seen a couple of these guys).

Ray

That site sounded really good until I read through it. The largest item shipped would be a rear deck spoiler. Any larger pieces (engines, body panels, etc) are

rejected. If it slips through they ship by cargo vessel ($400 and up) and charge a $100 penalty fee. There has to be another way other than a friend or relative in Japan.

I have used Rinkya several times and have not had any problems with them. Shipping is the killer on the larger items. Most of the parts I bought cost more to ship than the winning bid.

In the end I can say this, I have my G-Nose hinges and early model Skyline tail lenses.

Do you guys want to share the cost to ship a container on a ship?

I bet some people here would want to cram in several cars and bring them over!

I wouldn't mind bringing this back... 2.5 million yen on Yahoo Auctions Japan right now....

hideaya2002-img600x450-1132975393dsc00912.jpg

hideaya2002-img600x450-1132975500dsc00914.jpg

I will own one in the near future again...

Do you guys want to share the cost to ship a container on a ship?

I bet some people here would want to cram in several cars and bring them over!

I'd be curious not that I can afford it, but what would it cost for people to do this? And how many cars do you think you could actually get in a container? The skyline is clean, man I love nissans. Another question how do the old skylines compare weight wise to the Z's? Like if you had a Skyline and a 240 with the exact same L powered engine who would win?

Tyson