HybridZ

Front Airdam Colour; red or black???-PHOTOSHOP PICS

toecutter

Thanks once again, Tom. Busmn280 I do like the red but after alot of umming and arring I've gone with the black. I dropped off the airdamn and rear spook spoiler at the paint shop today so it's out of my hands now. Hopefully the guy can have them finished by Xmas!

Cheers

Sulio

Before I dropped of the bits I took a photo just to get an idea of how low the airdamn would sit in real life. I bolted it on and went foir a drive to put some air in my tyres. The air damn just cleared the gutter when I parked so I'll have to be careful. I thought about adding rubber to it to extend it about another inch or so which would get it looking lower but it would'nt be an issue for clearance. What do you fellas think about adding a rubber lip to the extend the airdamn. I think if it was really neat it would just look like a continuation of the airdamn.

Also, the rear fin has a flat section for a badge. I've seen people use this space for either a FAIRLADY badge or a BRE badge. Not sure what would look better. I like the FAIRLADY badge purely because it always throws people when they check the car out. A freinf of mine has got some steel FAIRLADY badges from Japan. Hmmm...I'll have to see if he can make some copies. It would be easy enough to make moulds for them but what material would you use to make the actual badges. There must be some sort of resin one could use!??????

t_bre_rear_fin_987.jpg

t_air_damn_minus_paint_121.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buster, I do like that clean look but as I said there is that raised face on the rear fin that is clearly meant for a badge of some sort. So I got a freind to make me up 3 fairladyZ badges, 1 for the rear and one for to replace the DATSUN badge on each side. I got them fresh out of the moulds today and gave them some paint in original colours when I got home.

t_badges_blank_148.jpg

t_painted_badges_176.jpg

• 2 months later...

I think it looks good red... but Mike had something when he mentioned how it continues the stripe. Looks good now- would have been even better black.

But that's one SICK Z and there's nothing that'll screw that up!

Guest el240z

I like the red air dam, and I think it matches the car very well, but black would also look pretty good. Oh yeah, Toecutter your Z looks really good with either color, and I love those rims.

If your getting a second spoiler I'd go with the first one. I like clean lines.

Just got an idea for you, I'll try to photochop it

Yeah I cant do that... anyways, paint the lower part of the airdam black I can see a line where the angle changes, that would be a good break line for the paint. It will give a little body color under the bumper but retain the flow of the black through the car.

• 3 months later...
Guest grimlynsan

Sulio,

I have always been a fan of your car and it just keeps on getting better. If my 2+2 ever looks that good I will be satified and content.

grimlynsan

• 2 weeks later...

Yer just gotta paint them your self thats the pain.

Well I've had the red front airdam for some time now and I've decided to go black and another style, like the SR240 car has. Sold my current airdam and bought a polyeurathane one with the airvents, gonna paint it black asap to match the flares. My stocker 240 below that I'm sad to say I had to sell a couple of months ago:(

Hypertek get in touch with (ZR240) Ashleigh if your after a set of those FAIRLADY badges.

[/b]:;"]normal_IMG_1888_1.jpg

27.jpg

• 2 weeks later...