HybridZ

So now my little scion handles.. haha

Guest ON3GO

Installed my Hotchkis TVS Suspension kit on my Scion xB.

Includes front and rear sway bars, new bar bushings, new bumpstops, front and rear lowering springs.

front bar saved me 1.5lbs.. even though it was way bigger it was alot lighter.

the rear bar added weight as i didnt have one to begin with so it about evened out.

the springs i thought would be to bounchy or something i wouldnt like much... not the case. it rides better then it did stock, its stiffer but not bounchy stiff. its nice and smooth and the 2in drop is very nice!

car handles pretty good now! i dont mind driving it now :D.

so far this little daily/auto-x'er solo racer has:

DC sports exhaust

DC sports Front strut bar

Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 suspension kit

S.S. brake lines

home made air intake system

custom air ducts for the brakes

TRD pads and shoes

next comes adjustable struts, Avon Tech R race tires on a extra set of steelies i have, header, MRS intake manifold, MRS t-body, rear strut bar, JIC x-brace and have my trannt replaced as my thrid gear is shot lol...

prob throw in a spec stage 1 clutch in it at the time of the new tranny.

next auto cross comes up soon, so i cant wait...

sorta making the time go by "better" while i have no Z to drive.

also going tomorrow to go test drive the new miata... doubt ill trade the xB in but maybe.

mike

I like the new miata, but to me they wouldn't make a great daily driver. There just too expensive for thier limited functionality for me. I'm sure they're fun, but they're not fun AND practical. I'm not a fan of the XB, and I'd never buy one, but being a guitarist that luggs gear everywhere I can appreciate thier ergonomics and clever interior design.

BTW, I still think seeing a xB at an autox would give me the creeps and make me laugh at the same time. No less respect to you at all, it's just the suprise/shock factor. And in that sence, all the more power to you.

EDIT DUE TO LACK OF WANTING TO MAKE A NEW POST SO SOON:

Well, I guess it's just that to me a 2 seater isn't practical at all for a daily driver (and yet I drive a ZX around). I couldn't justify a purchase like that unless I was making 90+k a year and it was just gonna be my comuter/have fun car. It's still not a track only worthy car, you can't use it for road trips, and you won't be hauling anything with it. It's like it sits in a nitch that's cool, just not for me unless I'm making enough money to own 3 cars.

But for me if I wanted a car to fill THAT void in my life, it would be an elise if I could afford it.

I'm with David K. for a change! :lmao:

On the subject of the Miata, I don't see there being any more lack in functionality than with any other two seater sports car. I know several guys that drive them year round.

I'd ditch that box for one in a newyork minute. :2thumbs:

When are you come to DC to see your honey anyway?

Mike :cool:

Yeah the new Miatas are cool. Bigger engine' date=' stiffer chassis, more aggressive body. The only gripe I had with the old Miatas was that I didn't fit (6'3"), but I hear the new ones are much roomier inside. :D

So how good is the handling in that Scion, anyhow?[/quote']

When I was at the international auto show I watched a guy who said he was 6'3" get into the new miata and actually closed the top! A guy I know who is 6' 6" said he tried to fit, and was really close, but could quite fit. He was really bumed because the previous miatas were hopefully and he could even begin to fit.

But we both agree that with aftermarket seats he might fit. So if HE could ever fit I bet your 6' 3" could fit, unless it's a width problem ;)

LOL, no not a width problem (I'm 205# fairly fit) but when I sat in my friends Miata with the top up I was completely slumping over to keep my head under the top. And there was not enough leg room. But the new Miata is something like 6" longer inside, and I hear there's more headroom too! Now if only Mazda would turbo the new ones....

ya the power enterprises supercharger kit looks cool, but once warrenty is up a celica GTS motor and 6 speed is going in :D...

i really like this little box, its a perfect daily driver, only real down side is that its slow.

handling now is good enough where i gave a rx7 owner a ride and he was liking it alot.

brakes fine, good gas mileage and plenty of space.

i cant wait till those slicks come in.. gonna be fun!

i was gonna go race in the f stock class but they dont allow non-dot tires i think, so i dunno what im gonna do.

mike

i was gonna go race in the f stock class but they dont allow non-dot tires i think, so i dunno what im gonna do.

I think the Avon Tech R's are a DOT tire so they would be stock legal. If I remember the rules correctly your spring swap and the addition of a rear sway bar will knock you out of the stock classes in to street prepared.

Just go run in whatever class they put you in and have fun since that's what it's all about. :2thumbs:

im all about fun so ill deff race whatever class they put me in.

i dont mind being dead last, i just wanna do it and learn each time im out there.

im looking for a rear disc brake setup right now for it but im not sure.. stops just fine over and over again with the rear drums..

s.s. lines helped alot, so did the pads. the strut bar helped too.

im getting a spare head soon so ill do some port work and have fun with that, dunno if ill really swap it out just yet.

so far its a fun little car... or box.. whatever it is its getting more fun with every new suspension part :)

mike

HAHAHA spoken like a true hybridz'er. "I don't care what it is! It's FUN!"

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

That's why we started putting V8s in Zs right? To make them fun! 8)

More power to ya if you can enjoy driving something that looks like... nothing else out on the market. :lol:

ya the power enterprises supercharger kit looks cool' date=' but once warrenty is up a [b']celica GTS motor and 6 speed [/b]is going in :D...

i really like this little box, its a perfect daily driver, only real down side is that its slow.

handling now is good enough where i gave a rx7 owner a ride and he was liking it alot.

brakes fine, good gas mileage and plenty of space.

i cant wait till those slicks come in.. gonna be fun!

mike

YOU CAN DO THAT?!!?!? hawttt!

not that i know of.. i think the MR-S did maybe.. hmm maybe the celica did.

not that i would want that anyways..

im a plan ole manual guy.

i can get a scion xB block or corrolla 1.6 block that fits in it for only 35 bucks lol, build the whole engine for either a turbo setup or n/a and have some fun and do it cheap.

i dunno its fine for now, its my daily once the Z starts driving again maybe i can rip into it some more.

mike