HybridZ

Coolest bits for my Project Z

Well today i went down to a shop to get some custom valve covers made, I made it on Photo shop, for them, they are the spitting image of the Nissan OHC covers except they say Datsun and say DOHC....

so lol when i take it to a show or something, do you think stupid people will wonder if Datsun/Nissan made a small block V-8 in the 70s...... gosh i am evil....

stay tooned... picks of CF OEM racing hood this week too.... i hope... we shall see...... I need suggestions for color soon tho too....

Anyone know and AWSOME Datsun factory colors? any rare factory colors? what colors did the 421 come in? right now i am thinking Factory Orange, with a Flat black Hood and flat black louvered winglets.... are the factory(ish) louvers still for sale on Zparts.com ?.... If i go orange I am going to name this Z Trickzie..... B/c my dad said it would look like a pumpkin......

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure the LS1 is not DOHC. The only DOHC Chevy V8 I can think of off the top of my head is the LT5. Otherwise it sounds cool.

Nah, I think he knows that---he's just doing it to royally confuse people. I like stuff like that.

Davy

that would be the best part... taking advantage of people's ignorance. you cant expect people to know the in's and out's of datsuns unless they are enthusists. even so, most people dont know a motor from a trans and dont care.

that being said... i love the idea. it's like when people tell me they have a jeep wrangler withy a V6 and they are all proud of it (the straight 6)

• Administrators
Well today i went down to a shop to get some custom valve covers made' date=' I made it on Photo shop, for them, they are the spitting image of the Nissan OHC covers except they say Datsun and say DHOC....

so lol when i take it to a show or something, do you think stupid people will wonder if Datsun/Nissan made a small block V-8 in the 70s...... gosh i am evil....

stay tooned... picks of CF OEM racing hood this week too.... i hope... we shall see...... I need suggestions for color soon tho too....

Anyone know and AWSOME Datsun factory colors? any rare factory colors? what colors did the 421 come in? right now i am thinking Factory Orange, with a Flat black Hood and flat black louvered winglets.... are the factory(ish) louvers still for sale on Zparts.com ?.... If i go orange I am going to name this Z Trickzie..... B/c my dad said it would look like a pumpkin......[/quote']

C'Mon .... WE WANT PICS!!!!!, or at least a rough drawing of what these valve covers look like, PLEASE?!?!?

• Administrators
I agree with Bill260z, I would change it to DHOC, that is just too funny, but correct.

Yeah baby, "Dual Head Over Cam" ….. PERFECT, Oh and don't forget the "16 Valve" emblem as well. You’re not lying about what your packing… just being honestly creative with the today’s automotive acronyms…