HybridZ

3.2 liter stroker ld28 block and crank video!!

twistex

• 2 years later...
Great sound, i just curious what is that hose coming from head cover plate, never saw it before on any Z.????

sorry to post back like 2 years later lol. anyways that hose is what i used as a block breather. I could have machines the block and put in one from a non diesel l block but i didn't want to mod the block anymore more than i already have to get it to where it is now. Anyways this motor is now in my 240sx with a ka24e transmission behind it with l bell housing of course. I wanted to enjoy this old l motor, since I don't have a z to put it in i might as well drop it in something you know. Since this motor i have put a ls1 in my 240sx with 6 speed and well i love that power but i don't just want sell my 3.2 l motor because this is like one of a kind. As far as I know .. like 3 of these have been built and I know about 2 of them because they were friends.

sorry to post back like 2 years later lol. anyways that hose is what i used as a block breather. I could have machines the block and put in one from a non diesel l block but i didn't want to mod the block anymore more than i already have to get it to where it is now. Anyways this motor is now in my 240sx with a ka24e transmission behind it with l bell housing of course. I wanted to enjoy this old l motor, since I don't have a z to put it in i might as well drop it in something you know. Since this motor i have put a ls1 in my 240sx with 6 speed and well i love that power but i don't just want sell my 3.2 l motor because this is like one of a kind. As far as I know .. like 3 of these have been built and I know about 2 of them because they were friends.

I still like it a year later.

That engine sound superb. Snappy+++ Cool :icon14:

I'm wondering what that hose is doing down near the oil filter, the looped one? I'm wondering if there has been sump/pickup position issues and you're using an oil hose to convert your LD28 block from front pickup to rear pickup?

correct. external oil relocation. basically i plug the stock pickup hole! redrill on side of block to tap into block source .. feed it to the side of where rear pickup tube can go .. and well yeh ! :) well now i converted it back to front sump for my 240sx :)

clip of same motor with filters off . i hate those style filters i used to have . my friend has a part of one go into his motor and bent the valve. Blew his motor. I'm going to get 2 more air horns and some itg sock style slip on filters i think. My header didn't fit!! so now I will run stock mani or build a header i think. I had a header that the front 3 cyl went to 1 2 1/4 collector and rear 3 went to a 2 1/4 collector. then y into a 2.5 but i need 3 inch oh well i will figure it out.

That is one of the cleanest 240sx engine bays that I have ever seen! Is it going to be a street car(emissions) or a track/race car?

Really ? clean ? I only spent about 10 minutes cleaning it. my other car looks cleaner i took all stock fuse box and relocated it any everything. look

bayshotresize.jpg

well i think its cleaner as far as being uncluttered with stock crap. This is going to be a street car. I just passed smog with it in cali. I was going to swap my ls1 into this car but ended up just puting the 3.2