HybridZ

More stories about Kicking A**

BrandonsZ

Come on guys, let's list some really good spankings, where you walked a chump or where some junior was running at the mouth and had his toung handed to him after it hit the ground.

I can start us off with a nice one. I was on my way to the Gym and this Burgendy Mustang (didn't look like a standard ford color more like metalic purple, but could have been) with a 3" hood scoop dual exhaust tips obvious cat-back rumble and sounding like he messed with his timing was next to me. I usually sound like I'm flooring it even when I am barely pressing the pedal 'cause my exhaust is obnoxious. Anyway I get behind him as we move toward a red light and he jumps to the next lane over. I just pull up to the light and he's there with his "spanking" new car rolling on 18+ rims, sounding like a million bucks. I'm here with my car which is about 1/3 the cost and 33 years older. With my 14" x 175 black painted steel wheels and yet he's creeping toward the intersection like he's trying to get a head start. I just ignore him and when the light turns green to make a left he practically launches into the intersection and has to put it in reverse to get back, so now I get that feeling like I want to teach this poser an old school lesson. As the light turns green I don't even sweat it, but just roll through 1st he's got about even with me and no doubt sweating bullets 'cause he has nothing on me even in 1st, I pop into 2nd and give it half throttle, in about 1 second I'm a car length ahead and you can hear him redlining the thing so I punch it and I'm abotu 5 car lengths ahead of him and going 60 before he can say WTF was that? I get to my turn and pull into the left turn lane, and stop, then I hear him screem by like he's going 80. IT gave me such a rush I was able to beat my max reps on just about everything I did that day.

Alright well my 76 runs like crap (read: do not plug PCV) Anyways mine is just a normal junkyard l28et with FMIC, 60mm TB, wally 255lph, non-egr intake, and a 2.5 inch mandrel open downpipe. So one night i was just beating around in it and came up on this douche I used to go to high school with. He has a 93 or 94 NA Supra, its all stock, but all riced out with 19s and the kit, etc. So we lined up and I am not talented driver by any means, but he absolutely sucked a$$. I walked him by atleast 5 lengths and my car misfires like hell, felt good to whoop him.

One day when I was driving Kiwi (my '72), I came up to a red light and pulled next to a late model Mustang Cobra (97-ish). Anyways, he hand-motions me to roll my window down (passenger side) so I tell my buddy to go ahead and lower it. He starts complimenting me on the car, and then said he had a '76 at home that he was working on. He asked me if it had a V8, and I said, "Nope, just the 6 banger." Then as soon as the light turns green, he took off and caught me off gaurd. It sounded like he had some work done to the car, but probably not much. Well, 1st gear got me moving relatively quick, 2nd got me neck and neck with him. At this point, my BOV gave away my secret. At the end of 3rd, I had put about 3 car lenghts in between us. At the end of the next light, I think he had a bigger smile than I did. He couldn't stop raving on about how cool that little car is. Anyways, it was a pleasant surprise to see a positive attitude coming from a mustang owner that just got his as handed to him :-)

i have a ton of kills..

ask anybody in houston and they prob raced me or see me race the blue Z when it was running lol.

my fav was prob the least "cool" one to talk about.

JUST upped the boost to 14psi with the greddy profect b low setting, and 18psi on max.

i was on my way to my friends house to race his S2K for him againist a 350Z.

i have my friend david in the Z, going about 55 on the beltway when this modded ford lightning truck gets next to me and starts revving his engine.

i just pace with him and wave.

i give it alittle bov and he throws me the thumbs down.. i was like WTF!

ITS ON.

he nails it and i just pace him.. going aboyt 60mph when i just nail it and pop it to 18psi.. my one tire in the back starts blowing smoke (god i love shitty tires) and just shoot past him like a rocket.

next light he gets next to me and rolls down the passenger side window..

i just handed this dads *** with his son in the car.. i ask him if it was stock and he said "HELL NO!!!" hahahah i said i wasnt either and bye.

i loved seeing that guys face!

mike

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Like everyone else I have a bunch of stories but favorite was a few years ago.

I was coming home from work and traffic was rather congested on 321 S between Hickory and Lenoir.

This guy in a new Vette with TEMP tags looked over at my Z since my exhaust was loud and my paint crappy and he just starts laughing. I was like OK dude when we get to a clear spot your azz is mine!!! LOL

Well about 5 miles down the road we happen to line up at the light just south of Hickory where 321 turns into an interstate.

Anyway he throws a couple revs my way and I do likewise. When the light goes green were both off the line smoking the tires. By 85 mph I have him by about 2 car lengths and I decide to back off and move over to the right lane. He pulls in behind me and paces me. About that time I see a car closing rapidly and think it's a cop but as it closes in it's just a new 350Z.

We all three turn onto the On ramp at I 40 and as we get to the straightaway I hold my hand up to motion him when to go. I drop my hand and we're both off to the races. I run up to about 120 mph and have him beat by nearly 3 car lengths. I know pretty soon his Aerodynamics and HP are gonna start reeling me in so I back it on down before he can begin to close.

The Vette slows down and paces me and and then about "two days" later the 350Z FINALLY catches up and goes flying by us!! LOL .

Anyway the Vette guy follows me off the interstate at LR and then down Hwy 70 and starts flashing his lights so I pull over into a parking lot. He pulls up beside and asks me about the V8 in my Z.............I say welllet me pop the hood and let you check it out.

When I opened the hood and he saw the N/A SU carbed I-6 all the color drained out of his face!! LOL

He was like "**** man, I've wanted a Vette all my life and my first damn race I get beat an old Z with a 6 banger!" LOL

He was like I'm gonna by doing some mods to this Vette next week!! LOL

ANyway he was a cool dude but I know I absolutely ruined his freaking day!! haha

Basically the same thing has been repeated time and time again at the track from Mustang and Mustang Cobra guys as well Trans AM, Lightning, 911, M3 ,NSX and any number of other doubters of N/A I6 Z power!!

Later,Norm

Norm drives like a mad man, I was behind him one day (at the light there in Hudson Norm next to the Wendy's) and i think there was like a mini van or something ya know that wasnt planning on racing at all, but when the light turns green Norm's 240 shoots out like a bat outta hell and gets to the speed limit as quick as possible. I was like man that guy is nuts! Gotta love it!

My best story was over before it started. I was sitting at a light on M37 and a fully riced out Honduh pulls up next to me. This Honduh had everything, Full groung effects, 18" wheels, gauges galore, a "fartcan" muffler, wild graphics paint, triple tiered wing, and many many stickers. Well, young bozo in the Honduh starts revving, so I can hear his turbo. He keeps revving way too long. I just sat there chuckling. When he finishes, I just give my throttle a quick blip to about 5k. Young Bozo hears the sound of very slightly muffled American muscle and shakes his head "NO". When the light turns green, I'm way down the road before Honduh guy starts to move through the intersection.

I don't even get guys lining up to me anymore thanks to my kids. Word has spread that the Vette is modified and making XXX HP at the wheels, so I can't even line it up on a stop light run. There's another guy in my subdivision now with a Pewter C5 with polished wheels (Mine are painted). We ran into each other the other day and he asked about stop light runs, and said he couldn't get anyone to play with him at all... Relays to me a story one of the ricers passed on to him about HIS car being a heads cam car with heads and other mods, and a custom tune. He pointed at me and said "So you're the reason I can't get any play on the street!" :lmao:

My funnest to date was last spring, just before my car went BOOM. Went to my oldest stepson's tech school graduation party. I was alone in the car and I rolled up next to a silver GTS Viper. It had the lighter colored stripes. Guy was nice... But made it clear he intended to show his tail lights to me... He had a radar detector and told me we were clear for take-off... I gave the thumbs and the light changed. I don't think his car had any mods. Mine was making 335WHP/ 353#ft. torque at the time. I took him by a door. :shock: We ran for over a half mile and I let off at 145mph. He caught up, and we cruised a few miles until we came to another light and pulled into the parking lot of a 7-11. I chatted with him for a good 10 minutes, as he wanted to know what was done to the car. He was a cool guy and was even happy about the loss. :2thumbs: Said it would give him an excuse to "upgrade". Let's hope my "upgrade" kept pace with his. :lmao:

Haven't seen him since. But I have seen a few Ferraris running around Fredericksburg lately. I'd be interested in seeing how they stack up.

Mike :cool:

Keep it on the track guys. Racing on the street is immature... and you are risking more then jsut youre life. ;)

My favorite kill was against on guy in my Z club He had a brickyard red vortec supercharged 350z, cams and headers, 425 rwhp. We were all driving to a z show in greensboro, the 350z guy was to be the leader. The president of the club told him we wanted to take it easy and stay around the speedlimit. He replied "not like anybody could keep up anyway"

So we all left a few miles down the interstate when it switced to 4 lanes i flew up from the back of the line and he took the bait. We lined up for a rolling race from about 55. I jumped him 2 car lengths easily and held it all the way to 120-140 where i let off. This was in my 260z running 11psi (254 hp).

I was quite happy, and i think he learned his lesson :) he looked quite disspointed. As a 16yo in a 30 year old car just whooped up on him

well i went to the track a few days ago. My car is having some serious fueling issues and on street tires. I was only able to run 10psi, but the car still went 12.90.

Anyways im headed over to my buddies house and this older guy in a brand new Audi S4 wants a piece. I had the boost controller turned off, so like 8psi or so. we went all the way through 4th and i had a fender on him. we pulled onto the interstate, and i flicked the boost up 2-3 psi and we went again. This time i put a few cars on him, but he was crazy. i let out after i got into 5th. This guy looked like he ran it all the way out. i didnt see him after that he was going so fast. haha. i know id be embarrased. :)

Same scenario. My car is untuned and 8-9psi. My buddy has a 2nd Gen eclipse with a big 16g, 20psi, 272 cams, AFC, FMIC, etc.

went from 2 digs and 3 rolls. Same thing every time, I would jump out by two cars (yeah torque!) then it was dead even. I couldnt pull away and he couldnt catch up. He was pissed i had to show him my peak hold boost gauge . . . see only 9 psi! HAHA

First time I went to a POC club event was at Streets of Willow. I went with a friend and we met my boss there. My friend was towing his 510 and was going really slow (his truck wouldn't pull up a hill over about 40 mph) and I was leading him on the highway. When we got off the highway we turned towards the track, and this modded 911 with the big old IMSA whale tail that sticks out about 1 foot farther than the bumper WHIPS into the left lane and blows by us and WHIPS his car into the right lane in front of me. It was a VIOLENT lane change. I can only assume he knew we were headed to the same place...

Anyway my ex-boss was an instructor, and he agreed to go around with me the first time and show me the line. As it happened we gridded up behind but the same 911 and my boss said "FORGET about catching that guy. Let's just learn the track." So we go around and I've pretty much got the line. Next session I happen to line up directly behind the same 911 AGAIN.

We get the green and head out and it doesn't take me too long to figure out that I can hang with this guy. Pretty soon I'm pushing him in the corners. A lot. We were going down the long straight and at the end we'd be doing about 105 or so. My brakes weren't enjoying this too much and were fading badly. Anyway the guy had me in the straights so he'd pull away but I was all over him in the corners, and I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of outbraking him. Finally after 2 or 3 laps he gets the blue and yellow flag and pulls over at the end of the straight and I go by. I was screaming victoriously inside my helmet, don't know if anyone in the pits heard me or not though! :D By the time we ended the session 3 laps later I think I had 5 seconds on him and I was continuing to drive away. Something about exit speed onto the straight = higher straightaway speed.

Best part was when I got out of the car I was smiling so hard my face was about to cramp. He drove by with an equally large smile and gave me a big thumbs up. I was the fastest non-Porsche there, got a very big round of applause from the Porsche guys when I got my trophy, and my boss called my car a "hard charger". All in all that was a very good day...

I just got my SR20DET 280Z running today. While driving nearby, two kids in a hopped up Honda Prelude came up and were looking fun. BTW for those listening in, we were going under the speed limit and accelerated up to 60 mph which was the speed limit. That having been said, I motioned for the kids to take off in the Prelude 3 times and 3 times, after they got a head start, I took off and passed them in a matter of seconds. After the third time, they pulled up and said, "What the hell is that?? It's fast". I told them that it just an ol' Datsun.

Unfortunately, after I went home and switched to my truck, I ran across a 911 on the same road. It would have made a much better story.