HybridZ

Q for the RB26 GUYS

RB26240Z

After taking the oil pan out I checked for the rear dipstick hole but I don't seem to find it there, isn't there supposed to be a brass plug?

I did the search and it says there should be a brass plug and can be punched out from the underside.

Thanks

Henry

• 3 months later...

I have an R32 Rb26, I see the location where the people claim the pre-drilled hole is supposed to be. I have looked on the inside scratched the outside with a screwdriver and can't find a brass plug, it appears un-drilled. Can someone confirm that this is sometimes the case, or tell me that I am crazy and that it is drilled and plugged.

Mine is a r32 block and i just did mine this weekend. punched the plug out, pulled out the dipstick and swaped them. I recall reading somewhere someone saying that the r33 blocks may not have had the holes drilled and plugged.

I drilled out the block form the bottom, drilling at an angle, punched out the dipstick from the front and put it in the new drilled hole. Like stony said, the R33 blocks might not be drilled. Mine wasn't a R33, but the seller told me it was the later R32 with the updated crank collar.

Henry