HybridZ

Some body work I did on a 1976 280Z

280zex

I used a mix of type2 and type3 aero kits from MSA. There is only 1 bolt on this entire kit. its on the front airdam in the middle for an extra brace. I have never even done body work before. I just watched some guys at a local tunerbody shop and said "I can do that" I only used Dura glass marine fiber glass resin and glazing putty. NO bondo was ever used in this project. It may not be a show winner but the car definately turns some heads. Now all I have to do is rebuild the motor. It developed a bad rod knock about a week after this pic was taken;-(

WestSeattle.jpg

Oh look, another guy that makes me feel like crap about my car. #1 post and his car's already 100 times better looking than my car.

Nice work m/ o.o m/

If you've got more pictures I'd love to see them. Oh, and welcome to HZ! Good group of people here.

Guest Trudge

That looks really awsome and I love that paint. Great color!

I have a type 3 MSA body kit also. I bolted the front airdam to the bottom of the headlight buckets. So, how did you attach the front airdam? Did you bond the body kit with the Dura Glass? I thought about bonding the kit instead of bolts but I was worried about cracking. I'd be interested in hearing how you bonded the kit to the body.

Before Paint...

Type3BodyKit2.jpg

After paint..1 week wait. Local Maaco. Nissan #611 with extra aluminum flakes

PB050007.jpg

Custom carbon racing seat made just for my ........

P1140013.jpg

Mega squirt install with 60mm pallnet TB

P1090017.jpg

I saved this car from the crushers..700.00$usd

I have tons of goodies installed. many more coming soon. The car weighs in at 2450LBS. Currently Finishing up with a new engine bay wire harness and paint while the engine gets full rebuild. Will have a shop work the camshaft as well as a turbo oil pump.

Guest iskone

Looking good!

Screw the front plate!!! How many cars do you guys see around here without front plates? I see a bunch. My 99 Dakota doesn't have one, since it feel off. I haven't been stopped yet.

One of these days we should have a little Z meet. I know the guys in ZCCW get together sometimes.

Nice horn BTW

Isk