HybridZ

AZC Billet steering arms

Guest iskone

Looks like it has built in bump steer spacers, unless those are 2 piece. AZC has a bunch of stuff I would love to have!!!

Happen to know what the stock length is?

I'm keeping an eye out for 8.8 swap too.

Isk

so i keep seeing these strut spacers and i still dont get it' date=' what do they do to correct the geometry on a lowered z? Mine is lowered about 1.5" all around.

I have a bigger problem out back, my camber is noticably off[/quote']

Since the suspension isn't a dubble wishbone. When the strut compresses it brings the wheel camber in from the top. Now when you lower the car it compresses the strut (not nessecarily, depending on the strut, but for the sake of argument) and the the suspension geometry is lower than intended. The spacer lowers the front control arm to correct the geometry.

Am I right? correct me if I'm wrong.

Why does the AZC part have a big hole in the center where the stock piece actually protrudes?

There is something scary about aluminum steering knuckles. Hopefully the design has been tested over along period of time. Hard to imagine something like that holding up for 30+ years without elongating the tapered fit holes.

Pop-That part of the bump steer spacer just centers the strut. The ring on there should be plenty strong. Look at any Z bumpsteer spacer and you'll find the same hole in the center.

AK-Z-you're wrong. The spacers change the angle of the lower control arm, and don't do anything to the ride height or the extension or compression of the strut. Search, it's been over with a fine tooth comb.

Why does the AZC part have a big hole in the center where the stock piece actually protrudes?

Bushing maybe? Don't know. haven't had to deal with it "yet".

There is something scary about aluminum steering knuckles. Hopefully they the design has been tested over along period of time. Hard to imagine something like that holding up for 30+ years without elongating the tapered fit holes.
I'm sure its made of aircraft grade billet. bu that thought has crossed my mind, for moving pieces.

Pop-That part of the bump steer spacer just centers the strut. The ring on there should be plenty strong. Look at any Z bumpsteer spacer and you'll find the same hole in the center.

AK-Z-you're wrong. The spacers change the angle of the lower control arm' date=' and don't do anything to the ride height or the extension or compression of the strut. Search, it's been over with a fine tooth comb.[/quote']

I ment in relation to the lower control arm, meaning the the wheel changes in relation the the angle of the control arm. Where the control arm would be raised (angle) if it was lowered (car).

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101501

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100237

Those are a couple good threads on the subject. AK-Z, I think you were correct, I just misunderstood what you meant. The basic jist is that if the control arm points down then there won't be as much body roll. If the control arm points up, side loads on the suspension will compress it.

AZC certainly builds some nice looking stuff and the aluminum steering knuckle follows suit. Knowone mentioned $$$! I'm quessing here but, unless you need the bling factor or reduced weight saving of the AZC steering knuckles, I believe one can buy nissan steering knuckles the same length for probably 1/2 of AZC's price!

Guest iskone
You'd have to be clinically retarded to pay $500 for a set of quick steer knuckles. And you can get used steer knuckles for $10. My $.02.

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that. Used knuckles are cheap, that's why I said if your going with spacers and quick steering knuckles it's the best deal. Even if they weren't quick steering I think they are still a fair price, for new parts.

Isk