HybridZ

skyline tail lights for 240z

v8260

Guest 280ZForce

check around on ebay for a 4.5-5" circular tail light. i have a custom tail light panel i'm workin on, but i'm using 4" circular tail lights, each w/ 40 LEDs in them and my panel is all metal actually.

Guest 280ZForce
Bidding on ebay. If you want to pay alot then bid early and drive the price up. Personally I figure out what the highest price I'm willing to pay is, then wait until 10 seconds before the auction ends and enter the bid.

exactly my view as well...i dont understand y people bid small amounts and keep bidding small increments. just throw out the absolute max u wanna throw down for it towards the end and be done

I don't know if anyone here is the high bidder, but it's currently at $405. That seems like way too much to me for a fiberglass panel.

yea i thought so too. I put in my highest at 112. And at that i thought i was paying to much. Guess someone wanted it really bad.

Don't know if this is hyjacking a post but here's the back tail light panel I'm working on. http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=6444&cat=500

There is more Photos in my album of what I started with, and where I'm going. The car should have been sent to the scrap yard, but there is no rust on the floor or frame rails. The guy I got it from(for the Vella Rossa body), didn't read John Washingtons book on body prep.

Stale

Don't know if this is hyjacking a post but here's the back tail light panel I'm working on. http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=6444&cat=500

There is more Photos in my album of what I started with' date=' and where I'm going. The car should have been sent to the scrap yard, but there is no rust on the floor or frame rails. The guy I got it from(for the Vella Rossa body), didn't read John Washingtons book on body prep.

Stale[/quote']

+

thats tight. cant wait to see it done.

Guess it does look like wood grain. It's 1/4 plywood with 1x2 cut with the contour of back, covered with blue foam, covered with body putty. It is going to be a plug for a fiberglass mold, then I hope to pull a carbon fiber finished tail light panel off that. The pictures don't show how much of a compound curve that panel has, 3/4" top to bottom, 1 1/4" left to right.Oh yea, body putty eats into the blue foam a little. Got 91 corvette back up lights off E-Bay. When they come I start cutting in the license plate. Might raise it a little more. I'm trying to get the look of a Ferrari 360 back end.

Stale