HybridZ

is arizona ZCAR full suspension kit worth it

Guest nick_25

Totally depends on what you plan to do with the car. If you need all of the individual pieces for competition or high performance weekend car, then ABSOLUTELY!!

If it is just going to be a daily driver, then probably not...

Guest nick_25

well, i just want to build it for a super high fun factor, not really going to do any scca events or anything, not anywhere to race around here so its not like it matters all that much but i would like it to preform really well and not break under pressure

Riiiiiight. I guess I have no argument for you there Phantom. You got me. Then the issue is "Is it worth it?" Well, how much is impressing your friends or the other people at the car show "worth"? Maybe they would be MORE impressed with the MM brake setup, since it's about twice the price. Which then is a better "value"? Would people be twice as impressed by the MM stuff? Dunno... I leave that up to y'all to figure out. :wink::lol:

Guest nick_25

just pieaced everything togather i would need to do the same thing arizona z car does as far as the brakes, suspension, sway bars, strut bars, everything for 3238.00, round about...not to shaby, i have my answer

i think it all comes down to lazyness.....if you don't want to put the time in it and ge the ones already made or if you would like to save 3 grand and do more homework and labor, get the same thing for a little more effort

That is pretty incredible. Last guy who tried to duplicate the brake kit came up at the same $$$ amount buying the parts from circle track racing catalogs, and then he had to figure out caliper brackets and all that.

Please share your list with the rest of us!

Guest nick_25

actaully most of the parts are off of ZCARPARTS.com

1. shocks.......600.00

2. coilovers.....400.00

3. anti-sway bars.........210.00

4. rear strut braces..........110.00

5. rear disc brake conversion..........649.00

6. 4 piston front calipers............369.00

7. rotors for rear..........????

8. calipers for rear...???

9. azrizona front & rear adjustable links...about.. 600.00

ok, eveything with a price came out to 2938.00, but i always like to throw a couple of hundred dollars extra in the mix for the unknowns

and # 7 and 8.......You will also need to purchase your choice of rear 82-83 280ZX brake rotors, cross drilled, or stock (sold separately). You will then need to supply rear calipers from an 85-88 Nissan Maxima (front wheel drive).

this in my eyes is just as bit good at the other 6000 grand kit, actually better, cause of the sway bars and strut braces

Guest nick_25

**quote** 9. azrizona front & rear adjustable links...about.. 600.00

the same thing, i just did not feel like typing it all out

and that is all i needed to know, like i said, i am not going to be doing any hardcore racing in it just want it to handel REALLY good

so that is why that list is the same to me, it is all the same parts, just a difference is quality, but both get the job done the same way

**quote** It's more like comparing scrap metal to the Golden Gate bridge.

This question is inane. Worth is subjective. If you need/want what Dave has to offer, you won't find anything else close to the same price.

how is that, doesn't the saying go, " the only dumb question is the one you don't ask". i am getting kinda tired of people on here being so negative and flamy when someone ask a question that may seem legit to them but to you it sounds ludicrous, not saying everyone on here is like that, just been seeing a lot of it lately...there is a gret wealth of knowledge on here, but, sometimes, even when i have done searches in the past, i have come up with nothing cause the search engine on here is very word specific and i have usually come up empty handed when trying to search just cause i did not use the excat words it was loking for...ok, enough

I am not disrespecting your set up. Just saying it is not really in the same category as the Arizona Z car stuff. Unsprung weight is important and can get expensive to get rid of. For 99% of the cars, mine especially, that extra 5% performance from the wilwood set up is not worth the money because there are probably a hundred different ways that I could better spend the money. But for a dedicated car that is competing in a competitive class it is money well spent. I think JohnC said his struts alone cost over $10K. Way out of my league, but he built what some have called the faster 240Z around.

For example, I picked up a complete 4 wheel disk brake set up from another member here for $750. Vented 4x4 front brakes, Ross's 240sx rear brakes. Everything including used calipers, spacers, new rotors, KVR pads all around, stainless steel brake lines, bolts, and even a new 5/16 MC. From what I can tell that price would lower your bottom line. But I would never consider this set up to be equivalent to the AZ set up. Those 4x4 calipers are massively heavy. But for the price it is a good set up for my street car, especially since it has a real parking brake and doesn't require 16" wheels.

BTW, people have had bad things to say about the 280 rear calipers. Also hope your front 4 piston calipers are the type that use the vented and not solid rotor, otherwise some people would argue whether you actually upgraded the front brakes or just added weight. Not bitching, just throwing out opinions.

And whatever you do, DO NOT buy the 4x4 calipers from MSA. That is a total rip off price. You can easily get a set from an auto parts place for less than $100.

If you want a great suspension and brake set up buy the AZC brakes for the front and rear, the heavy duty springs and a set of Illumina struts, and replace all the bushings with some good ones. Get a very nice set of light weight wheels and some sticky tires. You will save a lot of money and have a set up that probably has the potential to handel better than you are capible of driving, and on the street you will never get to really use the race set up you are looking at to its full potential.