HybridZ

510 airdam fab pix

Supra510

Thanks guys. I'm pretty much finished with the exterior. This thing will never have shiny paint, but at least it's all one color. For the winter I want to get some new gauges and seats, maybe fab a console. I just picked up 2 doors yesterday. I backed out of my garage with the left door open, caught it on a post and tweaked it beyond repair. At least the paint job will be easy.

"I think that you should do some form of sideskirt next, as it looks weird without anything to compliment the wonderfully fabricated bumper."

Yeah, I've thought about it but I don't think I have the will to do it anytime soon. Probably easier to find some rocker mouldings from a newer car and adapt them.

------

What's up Gary? Last Viper was at a track day at PIR. He was getting loose in some corners I wasn't, so that was kind of cool. Do you have everything up and running with the AEM and such?

• 2 weeks later...

i admire the workmanship that went into creating the bumper, but i feel that it's too boxy, and looks like it could fit on a fireplace mantle and no one would notice it's out of place.

if you rounded out the outmost edges, and curved the area where it leads into the wheel arch, it would work a little better.

but props on the patience and work that went into it.

I'm just shootin my opinion

"and looks like it could fit on a fireplace mantle and no one would notice it's out of place."

LOL

Yes, the consensus seems to be it's too boxy. I happen to agree with that. We'll see how motivated I get this winter to make any changes.

mind you, people would probably compliment you and your skill on it's all metal construction and how it matches so well with the decor =)

Like i said, it looks well done, just not my taste, and boxy, as you said yourself.

I will tell you one thing though. your creation has led me to make the choice of fabbing my own when I get into that portion of the project.

Thanks =)

• 1 month later...

Well, decided I'd had enough so under the knife.

1st what's hiding under there. Coolers, lots of coolers.

2nd, reused the center section, tilted back.

3rd, added sides, more curved and slanted in than before.

4th, added a lip

5th, added sides to the lip.

674663_149_full_thumb.jpg

674663_150_full_thumb.jpg

674663_151_full_thumb.jpg

674663_152_full_thumb.jpg

674663_153_full_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty much finished with it. Need to fix a few things you can't see in the pix. At some point I will add a splitter to the bottom (a lot of my reason for doing this in the beginning). Tired of metal fab for now. I had to redo the mounts for all the coolers as the bumper slants back so much more, almost finished with those, then on to something else.

674663_156_full_thumb.jpg

674663_157_full_thumb.jpg

674663_158_full_thumb.jpg