HybridZ

Want to touch the hiney

auxilary

That's a little overdone for my tastes. It looks like race "art" that nobody would actually drive on the track. Maybe that's why it only has dyno time...

I have been talking to my wife about converting an NPR to an enclosed tow vehicle for quite a while though, so that part was really interesting. I'm guessing that the way he modded that one would mean that the height of a Z wouldn't fit inside height wise. I know they make another model with a higher roofline, and that one almost looks channeled. Great idea regardless. 4 cyl turbo diesel made for hauling thousands of lbs, just basically got to make those long ramps easy to tear down and your in business.

says its got a cosworth engine.

If I were to paint it' date=' I would use a house of kolor candy over that beautiful polished body.[/quote']

Oh ok. I read something that said that they were putting hayabusa engines in there. I guess they changed engines again.

Some British firms are putting motorcycle engines in their Super 7 clones. In Fisher has a dual engined Fury! It's an all wheel drive and does 0-100 kph (close to 0-60 mph) in less than 3 seconds. For the autocross scene, the Hayabusa engine is the hot ticket. 190 hp at 12,000 rpm!

0-60 in less than three seconds sounds a little bit off to me. I have been in the powersports industry for seven years, and that sounds a bit off to me. The actual Hayabusa motorcycle does 0-60 in about 1.9 and weighs about 1000 pounds less. It also doesn't have 190 HP to the rear wheel. Maybe if you get a nice one from the factory you can get that at the crank, but it's usually closer to 170-175 at the crank. Just point out GFEs, not trying to be a nazi.

Yeah that does seem off, but I wasn't sure.

I know the Ariel Atom has a civic type r engine with 300 hp (supercharged) and the whole thing weighs about 1/2 a ton, and does a 0-60 in 2.9 sec.

With that, the super 7 weighs almost the same.

so super 7 (replica hayabusa): 170hp/500kg

ariel atom (supercharged): 300hp/500kg.

I don't know. I guess there could be things done to the tranny and/or the 12,000 rpm redline can have something to do with it. I'm bored and tired, but can't sleep. So feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe the car silicone boy was referring to is a dual motorcycle engined ( gsxr1000?) all wheel drive one and I remember reading about it competing in some 0-100-0 competition and stomping all over the competition, including setting some rediculous 0-60 time. The Engines were mounted inline and both transmissions were retained, somehow enabling the car to have 6 forward and 6 reverse gears.

For the Fisher Fury, it's just what I read on the website. I wasn't sure if that was achievable. On the other hand, a Super 7 clone chassis weighs in at under 1000 pounds (minus engines and driver). Then consider that it has 2 engines--not quite sure how they pulled that off. I'll have to check their website, but it would be an interesting engineering feat.