HybridZ

I Found A Cool Engine

driftz240

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definately like to put that engine in my 280z

if you're very interested, and not dreamin'... gimme a holler, i know someone in australia right now that may be able to source one for you. I can put you in contact with him directly so that you get everything that you need.

:mrgreen:

Guest benzguy72

I know we are talking about Inline 6's but why are there not more people throwing Q45 V8's in Z's?? This would keep it nissan and they are readily available. Plus they offer alot of power. The later versions had 340HP!!! I plan on doing a swap once I buy another Z and have the time to do so.

Matt

Guest benzguy72

also, the older model of Land Cruiser had a 4.5L inline 6, then they went to the 4.7L V8. Look for a mid 90's Land Cruiser, you will find a 4.5L I6

I was reading the description of a roadster on eBay and noticed this:

The H20 is a bored out R16 that Nissan used in forklifts. The motor was a popular replacement for the stock 1600 because it required no retrofitting to perform the swap.

From skimming this thread I couldn't tell if this was a contribution to the thread or just common knowledge though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dont know what everyone else's excuse is, but I ran out of free info to get. My next step is to save up and buy one of these crankshafts since no one wants to let me look at one before I buy it.

So many different engines talked about in this thread, What engine are you talking about Dave, the H30 still?

I have a engine service manual for one. I think it has specs in it. What do you want to know?

Re: the H20 roadster thing. People would build hybrid roadster engines with the H20 bottom end and an R16 head. Theres more info about H20 engines at http://www.311s.org in the forums if anyones interested. Not relevant, anyway.

I'm looking for specs on the TB42 and Y40 crankshafts. center to center distances for all main bearings and crank throws, Bearing widths, etc... Everything I need to know for bolting it into an L series block. If I could find one of these cranks locally then I would just drag my spare L crank over and compare it, but nobody has one around here.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
At lexus and toyota I worked on those land cruiser/LX450 engines and all that I can say is that the car is not equipped with an accelerator pedal but rather a foot controlled volume pedal for engine noise.

Step on pedal, engine gets louder but not much else happens.

Probably due to vehicle weight, though.