HybridZ

PICS Autometer Boost Gauge in Stock Clock

:lol: Well, went back out there and decided to get it no matter what. This is what I came up with. I wanted to use the stock clock housing and not use RTV to hold it in. This is nice and tight holding the front bezel on. You can see on the straight on shot it is just sitting there but holding it all together it is nice and tight. I will install it tomorrow and post pics when done.

Chris

boost1.jpg

boost2.jpg

boost3.jpg

boost4.jpg

boost5.jpg

boost6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work there, makes the boost gauge look stock.

For those of you that want to use the autometer bezel the solution is very simple, and makes for a gauge which is easy to mount and dismount. Here are some pictures, I utilized the autometer aluminum mounts and the stock plastic bezel.

Here you can see how the gauge mounts nicely into the bezel, mock it up and test fit it in your dash. The gauge it mounted through the front and the clamped in but hte aluminm bracket, for this to work we need ot glue the bezel to the dash. Test fit the unit in the dash and mark the position of the bezel.

DSCN5918.sized.jpg

Once youve marked where the bezel needs to be, disassymble it and us a suitable superglue to glue the bezel to the dash permenitly. The bezel have a very nice surface for glue and it turns out ot be very strong. I used plasticX which seemed to do great. For this project only the non-clock bezel will work if i remember correctly.

DSCN5921.sized.jpg

Reassymble! The guages now can be removed and serviced in seconds with the two thumb screws!

DSCN5923.sized.jpg

Does anyone know a source for the silver trim bezel for Autometers? I'd like to keep the two factory combo gauges, replace the clock, and add 5" tach&speedo. I'll just print out matching "Autometer-ized" overlays for the Datsun parts. I love the look of the aluminum bezel in the dash, but want to keep it consistent on all gauges.

• 4 weeks later...