HybridZ

cool looking blackout gauges CHEAP!!!!!

DrEaM

:icon12: so i was talking to one of my boys the other day about some delphi and autometer gauges and he told me about http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_page.asp?catid=80 i think all of the gauges are under $100 and they are suposed to be just as good as the autometer gauges the only thing i don't like is the backlighting, its not green like the stock ones but they are pretty damn cool anyways check them out :icon32:

new guages_thumb.jpg

oil temp gauge_thumb.jpg

Picture 242 x500_thumb.jpg

sorry for the missprint :icon45: so i mean this topic has been up for a few days now i mean what do you guys think, i kinda like their racing seats also, has anyone ever installed these gauges in s z b4? i was thinking about putting them in mine, anyways let me know what you think:willy_nil

I don't have the gauges, but a friend of mine has a water temp gauge. It's a bit difficult to see the gauge in bright sunlight as the tint washes out the light coming through from the other side. During night driving it's fine. Just a heads up in case you plan to go to a track event or such.

see i just don't see spending crazy amounts of money for something when i can get something that offers all of the features that i would use it for and at a reasonable price... delphi gauges are tight but over 200 bones a gauge is just damn crazy

Ultimately... you get what you pay for. Megan isn't the highest quality stuff out there. I would put Megan and SSAutochrome at the about the same quality level.

However, one should do what is best for themselves and thier budget... I, personally, wouldn't think less of anyone using Megan stuff. I'm just not a big fan of these 'bargain' companies... but I won't get into why!

anyways i see what you mean about getting what you pay for BUT i know some guys out there that have civics and evos that like their megan racing products better then what they had b4 (namebrand) i just figure every company has to start from somewhere and maybe megan reacing might be around for awile

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Ultimately... you get what you pay for. Megan isn't the highest quality stuff out there. I would put Megan and SSAutochrome at the about the same quality level.

However' date=' one should do what is best for themselves and thier budget... I, personally, wouldn't think less of anyone using Megan stuff. I'm just not a big fan of these 'bargain' companies... but I won't get into why![/quote']

Well, I hope you don't consider AutoMeter "high quality". So far in the last year I've gone through 4 of their mechanical tachs, 2 electric oil pressure gauges and 2 electric water temp gauges. They work for a month or two then just shyte themselves for no reason. Needless to say, I'm about about ready to throw my factory cluster back in and say the heck with it.

IMO AutoMeter ranks right up there with MSD: A good name gone bad due to non-existant QC.

Right with Zhadman. I don't know if any of you have read the specs on the autometer Nexus gauges or the Defi gauges, but the Nexus gauges change color and are daisy chained together and they can datalog. Same with the Defi gauges except they can't change color. I really love the Defi gauges but I also love the Nexus gauges, however they're both very pricey being the boost gauge alone is like 200 something. Then in order to run those gauges you need the Control Unit which is around 200 or so.

You get what you pay for.