HybridZ

Some pictures of my coilovers

Yep, only to keep the sleeves from rotating. Yea, all this stuff is arizona z cars setups.

im probably going to get flamed for this but.. umm did you expand the strut tube assembly for this to screw into or did you thread it on the outside??

from using my extremely expensive imaging device.. (eyball mark 1) they look like they are the same diameter.. the strut tube and the threaded coil over tube. ive never bought or used a set yet so i was just curious.. i had previously assumed they were welded together after one slid into another.

sorry for such a newb question but i dont have any experience with the azzcar coil overs.

thnx

The threaded collars slip over the outside of the strut. When i did mine i was real careful and cut the old perch off nice and even. this left a nice even spot for the collars to sit on.

I used all AZC stuff too, Dave is real cool. the original set of springs i got were bad. they compressed and didnt come back up. this also screwed up the shocks because they bottemed out and destroyed the insides of the shocks. Without hesitation dave sent me all new stuff. I recommend them to anyone.

phantaz,

the threaded portion is an aluminum sleeve that slides over the strut tube (steel) and allows you to adjust your ride height. once the vehicle is on the ground and the vehicle weight is on the tube it shouldn't spin. rather than leaving it to chance people either put a bead of silicone on the perch or (a new one to me) screw the sleeve to the strut tube.

phantaz' date='

the threaded portion is an aluminum sleeve that slides over the strut tube (steel) and allows you to adjust your ride height. once the vehicle is on the ground and the vehicle weight is on the tube it shouldn't spin. rather than leaving it to chance people either put a bead of silicone on the perch or (a new one to me) screw the sleeve to the strut tube.[/quote']

i take it that somewhere inside the threaded tube is a perch?? or do you have some kind of locking mechanism insde for variable height? i was under the assumption that the collar/spring pearch where the spring rests was where you height variations came into.

i know i know..newb question..=).

sorry for thread jacking 1fastz... i was just really curious how they were put together

hi phantaz to answer your question and this is just the way ive decided to do it (i believe its the right way) the inside of the threaded tube has an section about 3/8 deep machined in it to sit over a collar welded to the strut tube

very interested in the top of the struts though using my Bilstein struts i had to machine down the old fronts (im using new bilsteins in front and old fronts in rear to secion shorten struts)to accept the the top bearing dont have anywhere near as much room between the coil top and the top bearing at the momentas the ones in shown here ive machined a 3 mm spacer and locater hoping thats enought other wise ill have to pack with washers or machine a small lip into to coil top

wont know till i fit them to the car later this week

have pictures in my album if you want to see what im talking about cant work out how to show them here

Mick

hi phantaz to answer your question and this is just the way ive decided to do it (i believe its the right way) the inside of the threaded tube has an section about 3/8 deep machined in it to sit over a collar welded to the strut tube

very interested in the top of the struts though using my Bilstein struts i had to machine down the old fronts (im using new bilsteins in front and old fronts in rear to secion shorten struts)to accept the the top bearing dont have anywhere near as much room between the coil top and the top bearing at the momentas the ones in shown here ive machined a 3 mm spacer and locater hoping thats enought other wise ill have to pack with washers or machine a small lip into to coil top

wont know till i fit them to the car later this week

have pictures in my album if you want to see what im talking about cant work out how to show them here

Mick

thnx Mick.... im going to have to check those out.. visually im just not seeing what they look like. hopefully someone has pics of the inside of the threaded collar and maybe some pics of installations in progress including the welding/mounting of the perches =)

once again sorry for thread jacking..

cant wait to see more pictures of it on the ground =)