HybridZ

need info on this Z!!!!!

jdizzy204

i did a search on here for awd 240z, and evidently this car has turned up a few times, rarely with any real information. There was a link to some guy's page that had all kinds of pictures that were clearly "borrowed" from other sources with no explanations, which is unfortunate because he had several cars that seemed noteworthy on there (including some cars that looked like they were from this forum)...here is the link:

http://ecahost.com/280z/zpics.html

Do you have any idea what site you found the datsun on, or what terms you were seaching for, I have found no datsun Zs under monza racing, monza motorsports, monza Z, monza racing datsun, none of those have pulled up anything on this car, maybe I should try searching under ADVAN too.... We'll see, Ill definately keep you all psted if I find anything more. BADASS car though. I want one.

holy crap! i hadn't noticed! we REALLY need to find out more about this car. RB26DETT AWD anyone!??!

Come on now, just because its sitting on an AWD dyno doesn't necessarilly mean the Z is AWD!

Guest JAMIE T
Come on now, just because its sitting on an AWD dyno doesn't necessarilly mean the Z is AWD!

Maybe not but look at the high offset on the front wheels and look at the size of those flares and tell me why it's so. We KNOW it's been done in JP. Also notice the GT-R on the lift in the back.

All wheel drive has been talked about on here quite a bit, and at least once it's been done, but if you look at the car: http://www.z31.com/~morgan/nd/?z/awd1000hp240z.jpg

you can see it has some extensive radiator core support mofications done to it which this red car doesn't appear to. You can see what looks to be an unmolested front structure through the grill, and you can almost see the valve cover through the hole in the scoop, and to me at least it doesn't really look like a gtr transplant. It looks like a standard l series oil cap in the correct location, with no pretty gt-r valve cover colors. So I'm not convinced what we're looking at is a real live awd s30, and I further don't believe that we're looking at a real race car, because if this thing was ever campaigned somewhere, SOMEBODY on this site would certainly know about it... Until somebody can find the original source of these photographs, all we can do is pretend to be CSI investigators with these pictures...