HybridZ

Who daily drives their Z without heater/a.c.

Just wondering who daily drives their Z with out a.c. and the heater. I wanted to removed all of that stuff and fab up a dashboard and center console out of aluminum since my dashboard is cracked pretty bad. I wont be driving my car during the winter, just during the warmer months for some daily and strip use. Anyone have problems with the windshield fogging up when you drive in the rain.

both my old l28etz and the sr240z have NO AC NO HEATER, we also live in socal and its fine in the rain, the front windows dont fog up or anything. In my current L28 NA z that im daily driving i see the heater is hooked up but i havent tried to turn it on only because ive never had to use one before so no point really.

When I was in TN and NC I only had my Z without AC. Windows did fog up pretty quick. I did keep the heater for the first couple years I was there tho and that helped. Rain and snow seemed to be the only concerns, I got wet many times (driving with windows cracked) but was no concern seeing how you get wet when it rains anyways. Didn't stop me from driving and wasn't that big of a deal at the time.

The amount of fog you get on your windshield will be higher depending on humidity. My z has no climate control whatsoever, as well as no wipers, and it's strictly a fair weather car. Here in florida that means driving only in late afternoon early evening on days when it isn't raining. Luckily it's NOT my daily driver, because it would be hell in the mornings trying to keep the window free of condensation...You could try using rain-x anti-fog on the inside, I've heard it works reasonably well.

i dont have either. i only have two probs. in the morning i freeze my :-(:-(:-( off until the heat of the engine gets inside. and the rear window is wet from the dew in the morning and i cant really see thru it for a while. eventually it goes away thou. heaters are nice to have.....

My 240 has no heat, defroster, nor a/c. My 280 has a fan, but it only blows through the center vents. My 260 has heat and defrost, but no a/c. I use my 280 for daily driving. The 240 is more of a weekend car. The 260 will be getting a/c by the end of the year... and will probably be the daily driver at that point. Atlanta humidity is the horrid.

this car isn't my daily driver, so to lessen weight i removed mine as well but haven't run the car yet. my heater and a/c components were shot anyway, so what the heck. its strictly a fair weather car as well since i dont have wipers either. i dont plan on being in the rain with this car if i can help it! in the event that it gets cold... i think i may get a 12v inverter and mount a small home space heater somewhere lol :D

I have heat, but the A/C is 2-55 (two windows down and 55 mph minimum). In the summer I have had no problems with fogging, even in the rain. Just leave your vents open and you'll be fine in the summer.

Now traction is another issue, but the heater does not help that at all.

I run no a/c and I had heater all winter, but due to my current water temp gauge sender location, I can't use the heater anymore. The defroster hardly works without the heat in it. I drove the car without heat for a bout 1-1/2 years and once I put it to use I can say It is one of those things I will not remove.

Right now I have neither on my z. The a/c was removed when I got it' date=' but that's what t-tops are for. :)

Colorado winter mornings can be pretty miserable without a heater but you learn to cope.[/quote']

I dare not drive my Z in a N.D. winter -30 and less with wind chill, never would/never will, I would probably die in it, I use my navigator for the winter. I guess Ill take the ac and heater crap out and fab up a dash. I really dont plan on driving the Z in the rain unless I have to, which I probably will when I take my trip from N.D. to VA and N.C.