HybridZ

Look what followed me home

AKWIKZ

Photo_001.jpg

Photo_002.jpg

Photo_003.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality. It's dark and I'm not a pro photographer. You will recognize my '71 Skyline. The '90 GT-R actually belongs to my friend. We just picked her up last weekend. I am babysitting her until he gets moved out here to Phoenix. I originally was going to buy it, but he convinced me to let him get it. I figured, why not? He spends the money and I still get to drive it. She is a bit rough, but runs perfectly. I am really looking forward to getting the pair of them out on the track this fall.

Brian

Thanks. We got it in the California high desert. If it were mine I'd tell you the price. Since it was my friend who laid out the cash, I really should not discuss numbers. Let's just say it was a smoking good deal. She is one of the last cars to get out of MotorEx in one piece. Again, we'll need to go over her as they really jacked up a few things on the car. My hope os that the two Skylines will be cruising around Phoenix in the next few months.

Brian

Guest ON3GO

i know R32's have some wide fenders but that one looks wider.... maybe its just the angles though...

very cool!

back to work i go.

mike

Very good eye Mike. I was wondering if someone might notice. This car does in fact have a widebody kit. It is not too extreme and still folows the original lines. Each side is 20mm wider. The look is very subtle, but still apparent to anyone who has seen a stock one in person. Along with the Nismo chin spoiler, I think it is about as clean an overall appearance as I've seen. The only thing missing is a stock rear wing. I personally like the original GT-R wing more than any aftermarket ones. We'll see what my buddy decides to do.

Brian

Make sure the tune is 100% before testing it out - from reports on SkylinesAustralia, at least 50% of GTR's delivered here lunch the motor in the first few days... Usually No. 6 rod bearing (the rear of the motors run hot, and it's always the first to detonate).

Sorry for the poor picture quality. It's dark and I'm not a pro photographer. You will recognize my '71 Skyline. The '90 GT-R actually belongs to my friend. We just picked her up last weekend. I am babysitting her until he gets moved out here to Phoenix. I originally was going to buy it' date=' but he convinced me to let him get it. I figured, why not? He spends the money and I still get to drive it. She is a bit rough, but runs perfectly. I am really looking forward to getting the pair of them out on the track this fall.

Brian[/quote']

You might not believe this, but I had one just like that!

the red one to the right of the skyline, that is. The only difference is that mine had the bell and the deluxe spoke dingies. Ah, the good ole days when I rode my trike down the block with the rest of the gang.

but yes, the skyline is nice. What happened to motorex when you say this one was one of the last to come out in one piece?

I was wandering if you would get around to posting the car on here. Was curious to see what people thought. Glad your going to be involved with this car as you seem to have a fair understanding of Rb engines. I caught alot of hate when I originally posted the car for sale on this site. Glad to see that it worked out with you and yes it is a legitimate GTR as promised and paperwork shows.