HybridZ

A/C and Intercooler Question

JSM

Yes I did search. Maybe I did it poorly but I didn't find my answer.

My question is how many of you are running A/C and an Intercooler? (240-280Z)

For those of you who had A/C before the IC, did you notice a difference once the IC was added?

What Kind of plumbing issues are there?

I don't have either yet but I just want to get all my info straight.

Thanks

As my Z is my second vehicle, I took the AC system out. I had very few (normal actually) issues with installing intercoolers. I've even tested several different shapes and sizes with minimal plumbing problems. I only cut into my radiator support for the REALLY big one which I didn't use anyways because it was too big to offer any improvement. Bigger is not better when it comes to intercoolers.

i have a 77 280 with factory ac .i used a 240sx intercooler i bought off of ebay -1 of those big chinese parts for rb install.i reclocked the turbo (t4-t3 hybrid) and ran the hot side pipe under the engine and through the rad core support on rh side.hot side pipe was welded fron summit u bends.i put some of those cast 90 bends from turbonetics on the ic.

i have a 77 280 with factory ac .i used a 240sx intercooler i bought off of ebay -1 of those big chinese parts for rb install.i reclocked the turbo (t4-t3 hybrid) and ran the hot side pipe under the engine and through the rad core support on rh side.hot side pipe was welded fron summit u bends.i put some of those cast 90 bends from turbonetics on the ic.

So any difference in the way the A/C performed once installed?

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a bit late but. I run factory AC and a fairly large intercooler, and an engine oil cooler up front.

From the front INTERCOOLER>OIL COOLER>AC CONDENSER>RADIATOR>16" E-FAN

It actually runs cool when I'm not on it hard. Never overheated yet.