HybridZ

How much does your Z weigh?

• Administrators

My '72 240Z with LT1/T56 weighed 2450 (dry). This includes R200 LSD, sectioned struts, rear disc brake conversion, coil overs, CV half-shafts, scratch-built fuel tank, power steering pump (recirculating), aluminum driveshaft, LT1 EMS, and Panasports.

P.S. I weighed it on bathroom scales... Is that OK? :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where does everybody go to weigh their car? I'll be going to wilow sp[rings this weekend, anyone if they have any scales?

There are scales at most (if not all) drag tracks.

Any place that does race-car setup should have a set of high quality scales.

then, there is the bathroom scale method mentioned earlier.

I went to a truck stop.. they all have certified scales and if they are not busy they will let you do whatever you want (as long as you pay for it!lol)..

My 280Z with a SBC 400 and T-56, rediculously huge frame stiffeners, and full tank of gas weighs.. without me

2860lbs

Front - 1340 Rear - 1520

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

just weighed my z today. 73, 6pt autopower cage, pdk strut assy, full tank gas, mm front brakes, 240sx rear brakes, recaro seats, subwoofer, 245.35.17 tires, with me in it [175#]. weight; 2830, f:r balance 48:52. can post corner weights next week.

My LS1/T56 240Z weighed in at 2540 with stock heater-a/c unit, stock brakes ,R180LSD rear and 14" x 6" wheels with 195 tires. I have not weighed it since I changed the following:

MMS 13" Brakes front and rear.

AZC Billet R200 mount and Moustache bar

Q45 R200 with C/V conversion

16" Panasports with 225 tires.

Box of Dynamat Extreme

Vintage Air A/C - heat Conversion

I would think I added about 100-150 pounds.

I will try to get it weighed soon.

• Administrators

Weighed my ’93 Z-32 N/A 2 seater last weekend. Myself and 120 lb daughter, less than an 1/8th tank of gas, (car is totally stock except for few suspension mods and lighter weight brakes,) 3600 lbs even! oink.gif DOH!! Must be that VG30DE… wink.gif

FWIW, A couple years back I weighed my ’96 Infiniti Q-45, and with myself and half tank of gas, 4090 lbs.