HybridZ

How much does your Z weigh?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ON3GO

1977 280Z - 2550lbs (last year)

1977 280z - 2465 (this year). no a/c, no bumpers, no bumper supports, light seats, gutted dash, no carpet, lighter wheels, no exhaust, no sound system, no heat...

I know we have just wanted to do it again since its been awhile. My 260z was completely gutted under dash, fuel cell, full exhaust, l28 turbo, 2ng gen rx-7 leather seats, and no bumpers. I weighed it three different times at two different race tracks.

Weight at my last autox 2 weeks ago was 2293 LBS with full interior, all glass, all metal (original) body parts, no spare and nothing modified to make it lighter. I would like to find a way to stay at that weight or less with the full interior and add a cage for protection and stiff ness. 2100 LBS would be perfect but I do not think it is possible with the full interior.

It seems to me that Drax started this same thread before, but I looked and wasn't able to find it.

My 70 with L28, 5 speed, R200LSD, Autopower roll bar, Recaro seats, full interior with extra sound deadening and carpeted tunnel and strut towers, etc. was 2350 lbs. With my 200 lb *** in the drivers seat these were the corner weights:

LF 640 RF 620

LR 650 RR 640

So 49.4 front 50.6 rear and cross weights of 1270 and 1280. Can't wait to see what it weighs with no interior, different roll bar, chassis stiffening, only one race seat, lighter rear sway bar etc. Hoping to be under 2100 lbs but will probably be more like 2200 I'm afraid.

My 240Z and 260Z as per below

240Z all stock interior and exterior - just the drivetrain changes 2325#

260Z (late model) all interior and exterior stock but missing bumpers, tow hooks, spare, heater and lots of little brackets etc. that are not needed but then add cast iron manifold, turbo, intercooler, oil cooler, piping, auto trans, roll bar and other safety equipment it bulks back up to 2455#

Both are weighed at the local drag strip without driver but otherwise ready to race.

Oh yeah,

It was 2950 with me and 1/2 tank of gas before the R230 install. Probably an even 3000 now.

This is with an 8-point cage, A/C, stereo adequate to overcome coilover and engine noise, and really heavy (but comfortable) seats.

Extra weight is nothing that mo' boost (and maybe a bigger motor) can't overcome!:mrgreen: