Top Posters In This Topic

1977 280z

2700lbs without driver

1/2 tank of gas

removed front bumper

removed condensor

uerthane front bumper

15" wheels 225/60-15R

Damn this thing is heavy than I thought. I need to start removing excess weight to make this thing more fun to drive. Next on my list is to remove all A/C related hardware. Carbon Fiber hood. s2k seat swap(wont remove any weight). I want to remove the rear bumper but I worry about getting rear ended in this small car. For a daily driver I'm not so sure.

Regards,

Justin

Lets see who has the lightest z. Don't care what engine it has just let us know.

74' 260z 2450lb (2.8 turbo without me in it)

83' 280zx 2530lb (2.8 turbo ghetto beast)

83' 280zx 3075lb (2.8 turbo Fully loaded)

Thumper our Z weight is with the 412sbc with alum heads and a single carb 2360 without driver.Our car started out as a 1976 280Z. Jerry

I have a 1974 260z 2 Seater which weighs in at 1172kg's (2578 pounds) and with approx 30L of fuel,

Mine has full interior, recaro seats, R200, RB30 NA engine and box with 17*8 rims, au falcon rotors with r32 calipers at the front and XF Falcon rear brakes, 2.5" system and extractors - no A/C at the moment

Weighed mine when I bought it before I stripped it and put it on the rottisserie (where it is now)

'71 240z as it was from the factory except 260 motor, no spare and 10liter of fuel and no me 1000kg (2200lbs) F-540kg R-460kg

~2740lb exclusive of driver

1978 280Z, this was several years ago (not current setup in my sig). If memory serves:

14" steelies, stock L28, stock exhaust manifold, 5spd and R200, A/C, spare and bumpers installed, most of a stock interior (?), roughly 3/4 tank of gas.

Guest dherde26

Well i have been doing my project for sometime now and i was wondering if any could tell me an estimate on what mine will weigh in at when its done..

77 280z

list of things i have done..

sound deading removed totally

carpet removed

bumpers front and rear

all interior is completly stripped

81 5spd

15x7 steel press outs.. nascar style

corbuea one peice buckets with no sliders (solid mounted)

removed the dash cap so it is sheet metal

lexan rear window

removed all the misc brackets from the engine bay

all the stock seat belt mechanisms are gone

so if anyone has any ideas on about whre i will be i would greatly appreciate it

thanks

Drew

• 4 weeks later...

lets keep this thread going.

260z with a L28ET - 2330 lbs with ~1/2 tank of gas. all stock bodypanels, glass, etc.

no:

A/C

heat

air dam

interior (most)

pass seat

add:

rear strut tower bar

r200 diff

porsche 944 driver's seat

shooting for 2200 lbs empty!

• 3 months later...

Just measured mine today on a set of longacre cross weights.

1075kg

Forgot the cross weights, but front rear is very close to 51:49 and 50:50 side with me sitting in it.

The measured weight is with 1/4 tank, spare, mild steel rollbar, stripped interior, 15x8.5 watanabes and street tyres, racing buckets, and a triple webered L24.

I havent tried too hard in the weight loss department, so there's plenty of room for improvement!