HybridZ

I got backed into!...The Damage Pics!

Guest 280ZForce

Guest 280ZForce

Yeah, so as I posted before when I was looking for headlight buckets (thanx to those of you who are offering your spares to me)...

But on Sat. night my sister backed into me in our own driveway! GRRRRRR! She obviously wasn't paying attention.

So here's the damage from that stand point...then pics after I removed the hood, bumper, air dam, headlight bucket and fender flare to reveal the damage beneath it...

So here it doesn't look too bad...

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

BUT THEN I REMOVE EVERYTHING...

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

So now, yeah, obviously my sister needs to pay out...sucks it's family, but I need my Z fixed and she is at fault!

But now I need help on how to exactly straighten the body that is bent where the headlight bucket bolts onto and need someone I can send my fender to and hope they can remove the dents and make it look new, if not she can buy me a new 1 and have it painted.

I may need a driver's side fender is great/excellent shape...so pm me or let me know if you got 1 I can get from you or buy off you.

Any help or knowledge?

Thanks again in advance - Justin

Guest 280ZForce

Thanx for all the compliments, advice and support...love that about this forum. You guys always usually find a way to keep things positive, encouraging and up beat.

Hey, on a side note, how do you like those HID headlights, ive seen them on Ebay before I think.

i love them! high and low beams = beyond awesome w/ these BAMFs (Bad *** Mutha F*ckers). Low beams is insane as it is.

But trust me you haven't seen these on ebay...I know there are similar ones out on the market now, but I got these as one of a kind imported from Germany about 1.5 years ago cuz I had a friend in HID market that could import stuff for me.

My question is: HOW DID YOUR SISTER BACK UP IN YOUR DRIVEWAY AT 40 MPH????

Yeah, no kidding...I thought the same thing. But I was like 2-3 feet behind her at an angle and I think she forgot I was there and just put in reverse and throttled the gas a bit until...uh oh!

I'm on the way to a friend's wedding and a get a call..."Ummmm Justin, don't get mad at me, but ummm I backed into your car." My reaction after my jaw dropped and it took a minute to sink in was, "WHAT?! How the hell did you manage that?"

I didn't get to see the damage until late that night after her explanation to me was..."It's not that bad." YEAH RIGHT!

dont buy a remanufactured fender, buy a good used one if you want it to fit

Definitely not, looking for an oem original fender in great shape. I've seen enough problems w/ any kinda remanufactured fenders w/ other peoples cars.

dude' date=' that headlight mounting flange is NOT "frame."

you can bend that back yourself.[/quote']

Yeah, I know, I stated it as I need to bend that part of the body back. Someone else mentioned frame straightening.

I might try to mess w/ that part tomorrow. Either way, damage on a Z car, let alone any car = no good! Especially when it's your pride and joy!

take it from a body man, replace it with a new one. it is not worth the time and effort to make tho one you have thats so fu#&d up to straighten out. in the industry if its cracked, smashed or seriously dented, we just replace it. It doesnt matter, 16 or 60, she would get her a$$ f&*$%ng REAMED if that was my car! sorry to see such a beautiful vehicle raped like that, man.

dam! good thing she didn't get the headlights huh?!? that's a much more logical place to mount the ballast than my current spot, did you have to remove the headlight bucket to mount it there?

goodluck getting it back to how it was man, its a beautiful car! sure is worse when its family or friends that do stuff like this...

Guest 280ZForce
dam! good thing she didn't get the headlights huh?!? that's a much more logical place to mount the ballast than my current spot' date=' did you have to remove the headlight bucket to mount it there?

goodluck getting it back to how it was man, its a beautiful car! sure is worse when its family or friends that do stuff like this...[/quote']

yeah, she really would've threw a b*tch fit if something happened to those lights!

no, I did not have to remove the bucket to mount the ballast there. I just had my head under the car and saw that location and threw some heavy duty zip ties around it w/ everything in place and viola.

Guest 280ZForce
Thats a bummer man. The good thing is that there doesn't seem to be any frame damage and the ZG's look salvageable. About the HID's though, do you remember the brand? Can your friend still ge tthese? Thanks. Sorry about your vehicle. :cry:

yeah, no frame damage and the zg is still perfect.

the HIDs were one of a kind from Germany...my friend really isn't in that market anymore. But i know there some other US companies have since made similar versions. if you search Hybrid you'll find some links of other sources.