HybridZ

Whats one thing thats makes your Z different from the rest....

Guest ON3GO

PapaCreech: you are the man! defenders of imagination.... I love it!

We are brothers, brothers in arms... the Bimmers, the mazdas.... the hondas!! we must conquer, destroy, decimate... on the drag strips, the autoX tracks, the road courses. The mighty Z shall rise again!!!!

why thank you thank you very much. . . :burnout:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
PapaCreech: you are the man! defenders of imagination.... I love it!

We are brothers, brothers in arms... the Bimmers, the mazdas.... the hondas!! we must conquer, destroy, decimate... on the drag strips, the autoX tracks, the road courses. The mighty Z shall rise again!!!!

MomsZ u forgot one thing... you forgot about at the drift course... i went out last night with my buddy who has a 240sx and we went drifitng around... i was in second gear at like 2k rpm and punched it and broke the rears loose. he on the other hand clutch kicked to break his loose.. :-D Thats how Z's Role...

But what makes mine different is that the speedo dosnt work, its got the eagle alloys (5 spoke chrome 14s), its primer with a high heat aluminum racing stripe (got bored and had a can of it) its getting painted for real as a christmas present. Its not a T top and the chrome strip has been removed, well other then that it is all the parts i have yet to put on it. i.e. dual fricition centerforce clutch, tokico lowering springs, kyb gas shocks (i know not good for after market springs), front slotted and drilled rotors, and 6-2-1 headers. also it has no muffler, its got about a 1" pipe after the cat. and the last thing that makes mine different is that i take it sideways... though alot of yall dont like it i still do it :) pictures will be coming as soon as my buddy puts them on the computer

MomsZ u forgot one thing... you forgot about at the drift course...

opps.. sorry... and the DRIFT COURSE!!!

and the last thing that makes mine different is that i take it sideways... though alot of yall dont like it i still do it

hey, I'm an old guy, so I kinda don't get it, but it looks cool and if you're into it... more power to ya man!!! we're still brothers! it's all about the car

well age dosnt mean anything. we are brothers. we all need to get z rings or a national z sign like when we see another z just put it in the air. lol i understand alt of people dont understand drifting. but drifting started by a pro course driver who practiced it to keep him from spinning out... the reason i like it is cuz it not only clears my mind. (i know its weird) but also cuz its an adrenaline rush for alot of people.

I've been seriously considering the conversion to electric, not so much for the speed and acceleration (although I know I'll abuse that) but for the cost. No valves to adjust, oil to change, exaust to weld (long story, currently an issue), and rising gas prices, it would be great.

What motor controller did you use? I've been looking around but can't find one that's decent and under $1000.

I used the Curtis controller 1231C, good luck finding it for under $1000

Did you get your inspiration from the show on Discovery Sucking Amps? I saw the guy drive an electric ZX on the show with a 5spd also.

What Brandon said, more pics would be nice.

Here is the website for those guys on the show and if your wondering how much ev parts cost.

http://www.evparts.com/firstpage.php?PHPSESSID=a42c3f565ff2c56dd80877b1cf3bc720

1400$ for 500amps isn't bad, that's a lot of power to handle.

How much does the car weigh? No fuel, no motor, but add the electric motor and batteries...

The batteries weigh 84 lbs. a piece X 12 = 1008 lbs. So I'm guessing this Z weighs 3200+ lbs. since the curb weight was 2870.

I bought the parts from electric vehicles of america in NH.

I don't want to post that many pics until it's painted, not too proud of the way this Z looks right now.

Pic #1: No more fuel lines & gas tank

Pic #2: No more I.C.E.

DSC00973a_thumb.JPG

DSC00969ab_thumb.JPG

thats really cool and as ronin knows i would be happy without a loud belt. its howling cuz it has a tooth or two missing. i just got my tokico lowering springs with the kyb shocks on. it rides incredibly smooth. just have a slight alignment problem i have to fix. i think the spring is turned a little bit. but it rides smooth. the front tires are tucking under the wheel well pretty good. ill take pics when i put the rest of the body kit on...when changing out the front rotors what tool do i use to get that little nut off???