HybridZ

Ls2 280z Is Running!

We went to turn on the car @ Mike's Place this sunday.It feels good to hear it run after almost 7 months of waiting.I want to thank John and Joey they have helped Mike alot on the swap.We had a great time, My bro and Mike made put my finger on one of the cables to check on spark....lol.....I knew the result and I did it anyways.The funny part is that my brother had to test it one more time and he got the same but jumped like 2 feet away....I have a video but im not @ home right now so I can't upload the video right now.

Thanks

Cool hanging out with you guys on Sunday. Oh yea and excellent food! The vidio does give the car justice but not what it deserves... Meaning after you guys left, Mike (mas280) and I came to the conclusion the Z wasn't runnining right. Something was off. We spent a couple more hours going through the LS2 wiring, which is nothing close to an LS1! Pretty much in the vid only one bank was firing. All was fixed and thats when we called you! Sounds mean!! Soo close you can feel it!!! Will help Mike with brakes this week!! Looking forward to racing you or your bro!!!!!!

JOEY

Johns car kit was used with the LS2, I believe there is no difference on the LS1 and LS2 engines.Mike did modify the kit but it had nothing to do with then engine being a LS2.I think Joey had to modify He's and he has a LS1.

Mike said He is trying to finish it by this sunday but its up to him and He's free time.He needs to install all tha guages,Willwood front brakes and axles.

• 2 weeks later...

My car is @ home now, I will have to do brakes and gauges, Mike is doing the axles.

The dash came out today and I have headlights now, I need to make my turn signals work.Brakes should be on by this thursday.I will take the gas tank out and have it cleaned.

Brakes are almost done Mike cutted the brake line by mistake so I dont know if im going to replace it or fix it yet.My gauges are half way done too.Most of the work should be done by next thursday.The plan is to drive it on the weekend if everything come out right.

Here are some pictures of the work done today!

ls2z018.jpg

ls2z019.jpg

ls2z017.jpg

ls2z020.jpg

ls2z003.jpg