HybridZ

my new mirrors!

1 tuff z

i've had these fairlady fender mirrors for a couple years now and finally got the nerve to drill holes in my fenders to mount them. removed my trusty old vitaloni californian mirrors [still working on a cover-up for the door mounting holes]. i think they look great and are surprisingly easy to get used to driving with and seem to eliminate blind spots. i've only got a few driving miles on them but am still getting used to not having to turn my head to see the mirrors. here's a link to my gallery pic.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=8227&cat=500

Wow! I can't belive you ruined your fenders by drilling holes and mounting those beer cans on them. Looks like they came from the ghetto!!! Looks like somthing you would see in the Bronx! Too much Bling-Bling!

nim sticker still there but i did wax the beast. too bad u were gone this past weekend. evil took me for a late night tour of the s. bronx. not as many street racers as we had hoped for though...

Wow it looks great. You took off the NIM sticker and waxed it. Nice. Very shiny and I do like the mirrors. Evilc, get back to work. I can be here, I am on vacation.

S. Bronx street races? This past weekend??? What did I miss??? Guy's you have to include me the next time your going to play! Car does look great David. Do you still have the minivan "kill" stickers on there also? :)

Joe

thanks for the compliment joe-much appreciated. ask evilc about the street scene, he's got the "in". still have the kill stickers. i think they're civic hatchbacks. my dad gave them to me a few years back [they caeme in his autoweek magazine]. he thought they'd look 'cool' on my z.

S. Bronx street races? This past weekend??? What did I miss??? Guy's you have to include me the next time your going to play! Car does look great David. Do you still have the minivan "kill" stickers on there also? :)

Joe

I think I saw EvilC on the news tonight. They were talking about street racing in the Bronx. I think EvilC was on the sidelines laying low while some Hunda did a smoky burnout near McLean Avenue. Those damn kids think they invented something new!!! We were street racing in the Bronx 20 years ago!...damn now I sound old.

Too bad I missed your visit to NYC. I was on vacation out west.

Guest 280ZForce

When I bought my fender mirrors, I wanted them mounted in the correct position, so I did some searching.

Here's the specs on where to mount them on a LHD s30 z car.

I found the specs on a diagram for a RHD z car and I flipped the dims for a usual LHD z car.

lhdmirrors.jpg

I found the specs on a diagram for a RHD z car and I flipped the dims for a usual LHD z car.

lhdmirrors.jpg

So you flipped the dims on the pic? That's funny' date=' that looks EXACTLY like the pic I created (from modifying Alan T's RHD pic) and posted in classiczcar.com 3 years ago.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8724&page=2

maybe he flipped the rhd one in his head or by hand for installing it himself, then found your image?

either way, the one thing i've never understood about that diagram (and i hope to use the rhd version of it one day) is; are the measurements to the points that the diagram is indicating, (inside edge and front of the mirrors), or to the centres of the holes? i guess it would only be out by a bit but still...

I think I saw EvilC on the news tonight. They were talking about street racing in the Bronx. I think EvilC was on the sidelines laying low while some Hunda did a smoky burnout near McLean Avenue. Those damn kids think they invented something new!!! We were street racing in the Bronx 20 years ago!...damn now I sound old.

Too bad I missed your visit to NYC. I was on vacation out west.

Yes you are getting old! Leave the immature street racing to the young guns. If you watched the news' date=' they are going to crack down due to complaints about traffic hold ups...go figure. Hope your vacation was great and I'll see you at work.

S. Bronx street races? This past weekend??? What did I miss??? Guy's you have to include me the next time your going to play! Car does look great David. Do you still have the minivan "kill" stickers on there also?

Joe.

How far are you from Rockland County or the Bronx? We should meet up before summer is out.

280zfan and 70z, i used the same template [i think i found it on the same website u referenced] and cross referenced it with a 76 fairlady i measured up. since no one where i live even knows how they should be mounted i guess i'm safe. plus, even if they're an inch off, who's gonna know?

carfan, there are 5 vids [i believe] of my car on streetfire. one of a poor quality burnout, 1 of a lap around watkins glen, 1 of my first drive with the ls1, 1 of the full exhaust drive and the dyno video. evilc recorded and uploaded the first drive and full exh drive vids.