HybridZ

Un-freakin-believable! Still can't believe it happened!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm still sorting through this stuff, but here are 3 pics to start you guys. The first is the truck load of parts (not including all of the new parts in the Z) and the second and third are the Banks Twin Turbo kit. I'll post more of the detailed shots tonight.

Gonna go start unloading all of the Scarab parts!

Here're the pics:

DSC03163.JPG

DSC03177.JPG

DSC03190.JPG

The big billet canister that is in the pic is an optional injection system of some type. Have all the paper work but haven't been able to spend any time understanding it yet.

Well, that's all for now!

Bryan

Dat240zg

Well, not to gloat at all, just sharing my excitement....here are the pics of the Scarab setup. Interesting thing is that we have all of his documentation and he basically went through and checked every part, even the Scarab single turbo conversion kit (strange because he had already purchased the twin turbo kit from banks which is listed for the 240Z(!)).

One of the most interesting parts for me is the Scarab suspension kit that is here. It includes front and rear swaybars, brand new in the box 4 piston calipers (Sumitomo) for the front, but they're not the SW12's, new rear pads, Koni multi adjustable struts, new coils, a T/C kit and new bushings.

Here are the latest pics:

DSC03193.JPG

DSC03198.JPG

DSC03196.JPG

Enjoy!

Man, I'm actually kind of sad that I didn't get in touch with some of the DFW Hybridz crew when I was down there. It was a pretty cool adventure and besides my wife (who recognizes my sicknezz and puts up with me), there was no one to get a hold of to tell. :(

Had to wait till today to share it with you guys :)

Bryan

Dat240zg

OMG that is an incredible find!

The only time I've seen more Z parts in one place (besides MSA) was this guy Gary's house in Saratoga, CA. he had them all over his garage, backyard, shed, from yard, everywhere. Sold parts out of there for years, until his mom and brother (it was his mom's house, he didn't even live there!) kicked him out.

No idea what ever happened to that guy....

AWESOME FIND MAN!!!

Good luck with using all those parts! If you wanna donate the old shell somewhere *hint hint* :icon45: my garage is empty in WA..... :lol:

Guest TegRacer324

Wow just wow. I wish there was something like that laying around here. I'd jump on it in a second. You lucky SOB. Congrats on the find.

You are sooooooo lucky, and I was in Plano at 75 and Spring creek and could have picked that up if I would have looked that time. Of all the times not to look at the ads.

So where do you live anyway? Strre address? Don't worry about a U-Haul truck pulling up in your next door neighbors house in the middle of the night. Just kidding.

I can only say you are one lucky son of a gun. Congradulations

The banks system won't fit in the z without cutting the strut towers. They would fit in a tube chassie'd car, but that's against turbomeisters rules on turbo v8's.

Yes, and you would have to probably modify the hood as well.:evil:

Those turbos are Rajays and will expedite your daily commute.:flamedevi

I'm willing to send you the Turbo Meister "rules" for TTChevy engines in Z's to assure you remain in compliance.:mrgreen:

You are really fortunate with your buy. I guess barnyard finds do exist.

Hanns

As all the others have said, what a great find! I can't imagine what it must feel like to be so lucky! Then, to top it all off, a wife who understands the Z sickness. You sir, truly are Mr. Lucky! Congrats on the find.

If you do decide to switch body shells, I might be interested in your old one, pm me a price.

You do realize now that after posting all of this great stuff you stole, you're expected to assemble it into something that makes people stop and stare. No big deal if you get a killer deal and then never finish it...

I spoke with Brian last evening, he's never even ridden in a v-8 Zcar, I'm going to try and fix that this weekend.:2thumbs: I told him that he needs to FINISH one project or the other ;)

Well, I think that I've come up with a plan. Barring any unforseen structural problems, I'll be transferring the LT1/T56 into #248 and selling the other parts.

Definitely won't be the first hybridz, but maybe the lowest vin #! Purists everywhere are groaning.... :)

I'll be taking #248 to get sandblasted next week and start getting bids on the paint work.

I've been contacted by a few of you about my current Z (it'll just be a roller) that I'll be selling and Joel has first dibs.

As soon as I have pics of #248, I'll show 'em!

Bryan

Bryan,

Congrats on a "once in a lifetime" find :cheers: Stick to a good plan!

BTW, the JTR setup may give you some more needed room for that TT. Take some measurements and figure everything out that way, then make a final decision. Just my $.02

Davy