HybridZ

"Must-Have" DVD's

Boobala

Coming to video store near you on July 11 2006 (Tuesday):

Pink Floyd - Pulse (AKA "P.U.L.S.E. Live at Earls Court 20.10.94, London")

Pulse.jpg

And if that doesn't do it for you, how about the second greatest racing movie ever made (Nothing tops "Deathrace 2000." ;) ):

John Frankenheimer's "Grand Prix"

Grand_Prix.jpg

Both these will be availible at Best Buy for $15.00 each. (Pretty cheap for two-disk DVD's)

While you're at it, you might as well pick up Neil Young - Heart of Gold too. :)

I had the Pulse video tape and I wasn't very happy with it. No Roger Waters and the audience sings-a-long on some of the songs. Didn't get watched much - and this is from a Pink Floyd fan that has EVERY album every released (including some UK imports), and I saw the Wall - twice.

I'll still buy hoping Gilmore's re-mixing cleans up some of the issues I had with the original VHS.

I was at the concert at the Rose Bowl in 94. It was one of the best shows I've seen, even though the LA Times panned it in a review. I wonder if it would be as good on video though, seems like tryint to take photos of the Grand Canyon. At the Rose Bowl the sound was pretty insane. When they did Us and Them, the "Us, us, us, us, us, and them, them, them, them, them, them" was coming from different speakers all around the stadium. I expect the contact high probably helped make that effect that much more intense. It was pretty wild. The lights were fairly bitchin too, and they had giant pigs that came out of the sides of the stage and bounced up and down, then fell off at the end of one of the Animals songs. I've had the Pulse CD for 10 years, so I'm kind of surprised that they're just now releasing the DVD.

:(

A movement is accomplished in six stages

And the seventh brings return.

The seven is the number of the young light

It forms when darkness is increased by one.

Change returns success

Going and coming without error.

Action brings good fortune.

Sunset.