HybridZ

17x9 +0 offset all around, stock fenders?

I searched and searched and searched.

I found some answers but most were about ZG flared cars.

Im trying to find out if I can run 17x9 all around with +0 offset on my stock bodied Z with 8in coilovers (sectioned strut tubes) and upgraded brakes (4 lug still).

I want them to be flush with my fenders and not hit any suspension parts.

Tires will be 225 front and would like 275 rear.

If this isnt doable what offset would I need to run for a 17x9 on a stock bodied Z with coilovers and upgraded disc's all around.

Thank you for your time.

LamboZ, I'm running 17 x 9 in the rear with 235-40, under stock fenders with the inner lip rolled, and I believe I'm pretty much at the limit......very close tolerance but no rubbing. I think 275 are a bit too wide to fit. You can view my Z in the photo gallery. And yes I have sectioned strut and coilovers. My wheels have an offset of 35mm and spacers (approx 23 to 24mm) equaling approximately 11 to 12mm overall offset.

LamboZ, I'm running 17 x 9 in the rear with 235-40, under stock fenders with the inner lip rolled, and I believe I'm pretty much at the limit......very close tolerance but no rubbing. I think 275 are a bit too wide to fit. You can view my Z in the photo gallery. And yes I have sectioned strut and coilovers. My wheels have an offset of 35mm and spacers (approx 23 to 24mm) equaling approximately 11 to 12mm overall offset.

Do you have any room between the tire and the strut housing to possibly move it in a little?

Do you have any room between the tire and the strut housing to possibly move it in a little?

That would be a negative!!! I have about 0.125" clearance between the strut tube and the inside edge of the rim.

I searched and found out Clifton has some 275's on the back of his non-flared Z.

I was kinda confused on what specs he has on his wheel setup because at the time his website was down.

Im stuck on what offset I can run to the wheels I want, as there not custom made to my specs, but they do have a few offset choices.

I just searched again, Clifton has a 5 lug setup from AZC.

Those hubs push out the .500" and his front wheels are 17x8 with a 22 offset.

So question is what offset would be needed if you're running a 4lug hub with AZC brakes?

His rears I didn't find any info on, but one of his posts says a 17x9 will fit in a stock flare Z with a offset of +24 offset.... thats with stock rear drums.

does anybody know of the AZC 4 lug big brake kit is the same thickness as the stock rear drums?

I found the info in these threads.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104884

and

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104706

Lambo, before you run out and get just any 275 tire , you should check out "The tire rack" website , They have a listing of all the physical dimension's of all the tire's specs. Not all tire's are the same size! Find out what manuf AND model Clifton is using. You'll be surprised at the physical size difference between tires!

I run a 17x9 with a 35mm offset on the rear. After the spacer it works out to be a 24.5mm offset. with a 0 offset you'll be out another 25mm/ inch past were I'm at and I occasionally rub. I also used eccentric bushings to get the camber out after lowering as you can't push the top out more due to fender clearance. you deffinatly can't go in any more. If you want to run a 275 it is very tight and you can't be off 10mm. I went to Kumho V700's and they were even wider than the Nittos I had. I had to grind a little on the spring collar to get them to clear. I would not run a 225 on a 9 though. I'd run a 245 min. It will be pretty stretched were as the rear will look correct, IMO. Actually my fronts are 25mm. I need to fix that. To run an 8 on stock hubs a 12.5mm offset would give the same suspension clearance I have. A zero would flush it out though. I lengthend my lca's 10mm. I also have 8" springs and sectioned struts.

I run a 17x9 with a 35mm offset on the rear. After the spacer it works out to be a 24.5mm offset. with a 0 offset you'll be out another 25mm/ inch past were I'm at and I occasionally rub. I also used eccentric bushings to get the camber out after lowering as you can't push the top out more due to fender clearance. you deffinatly can't go in any more. If you want to run a 275 it is very tight and you can't be off 10mm. I went to Kumho V700's and they were even wider than the Nittos I had. I had to grind a little on the spring collar to get them to clear. I would not run a 225 on a 9 though. I'd run a 245 min. It will be pretty stretched were as the rear will look correct, IMO. Actually my fronts are 25mm. I need to fix that. To run an 8 on stock hubs a 12.5mm offset would give the same suspension clearance I have. A zero would flush it out though. I lengthend my lca's 10mm. I also have 8" springs and sectioned struts.

Let me see if I got this correctly.

So a 245 on a 17x8 with a +12 offset would be perfect for the front.

and a 275 on a 17x9 with a offset of +22 would work on the rear?

Wouldn't that mean the front would have more of a dish?

I get confused with all these numbers.

Tires are Advan's.

Yes. A 17x8 with a 12mm offset will work. You can run a little less if you wanted or had to. Say a 5mm offset. This would be with the stock 4 lug hub.

A 22mm offset will put it out 2.5mm more than ideal but would work. I would go with more, say 26mm and use a spacer if this is an option. This would be with the stock drum.

I don't know about the dish being different between f/r. Maybe if they were custom wheels but mine have the same lip, not really a dish on mine. What wheels are you going with? It is hard to find 4 lug wheel with the right offset and width.

Yes. A 17x8 with a 12mm offset will work. You can run a little less if you wanted or had to. Say a 5mm offset. This would be with the stock 4 lug hub.

A 22mm offset will put it out 2.5mm more than ideal but would work. I would go with more' date=' say 26mm and use a spacer if this is an option. This would be with the stock drum.

I don't know about the dish being different between f/r. Maybe if they were custom wheels but mine have the same lip, not really a dish on mine. What wheels are you going with? It is hard to find 4 lug wheel with the right offset and width.[/quote']

With the above offset for the rear, that would work with AZC rear 4 lug big brakes (going from drums to that). Right?

Wheels are Ray's Engineering.

With the above offset for the rear' date=' that would work with AZC rear 4 lug big brakes (going from drums to that). Right?

Wheels are Ray's Engineering.[/quote']

No. The AZC hat is .100"/2.5mm thicker than the drum. I would be looking at a 27mm offset. If this is a 22mm offset you would definatly have some rubbing issues.

Quick question.

What offset would be needed for a 17x7 for the front then?

The rear is a go at +22 in 17x9, they just don't offer a 8" in anything lower then a +16. I wouldn't mind running a spacer with a +16 but I rather not if I don't have to.

So either I run a 17X8 +16 front or maybe I can find a 17X7 front that will work.

Thanks

I just so happen to run 17x7's on the front. All four corners actually.

17x7 with a 4.5 backspacing with coilovers.

FWIW the car is 1 inch lower than stock. The strut housings are not sectioned yet. Stock fenders no rolling or trimming or tire rubbing. They fit fine even before making the front end adjustable. The rear is stock geometry with coilovers and camber plates only. All stock hubs and brakes typical. 17x9's the rear? 17x8 more like it. Did you make a flat board offset tire/wheel templete to check the full rotation at your given ride height? It's easy to make and the only way to really know what you are getting into with, your particular car, rather taking my advise or anyone elses. My general thoughts on wheels is if you fit them close you may run out of room for chassis adjustments down the road. Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian

since we are talking about what will and will not fit i have a question. I found rims on ebay that i like alot. These rims would require that i use the honda adapter because they are honda wheels. My ? is this. they are 17x7.5 all the way around. the offset is +35mm and bolt pattern is 4x100. the car is a 75 280z that is going to be lowered by arizona z springs and 240z insulators all the way around. Will this combo work? am i going to have any issues? should i clip that inside fender lip? does anyone run something similar to this? i ran a search and this came up so, yes, i did search in case anyone is wondering. thanks in advance.