HybridZ

Gashed my leg on my freekin exhaust tip AGAIN!!!

BrandonsZ

I must be stupid, even though i had a nice set of two scars on my leg from that sharper then it had to be exhaust tip,

E008_Exhaust_Install.JPG

I again, gashed my leg and this time it ripped about a 2" gash with about a 1" flap of skin hanging down. It was so bad I contemplated getting stiches. I didn't take pictures sorry.

I have gauze and bandage wrapping it and it didn't hurt even a little the whole time. It must have really cut all the nerves there. It looks so angry, I just packed the open ozzing bloody wound with neosporin and have kept it wrapped since Saturday. I basically scapled my leg in the shape of a nike "swoosh" "swish?". That'll leave a mark. Needless to say I am finally going to file round and polish the edge so it can't rip through skin anymore.

I was just walking by! B*tch!

When I was a kid I was riding my mountain bike and my foot slipped off the pedal and the inside of my right leg got impaled on the big chainring. I literally had to pull my leg off of it. I think it was a similar injury. There was a triangular flap of skin about 1.5" which in my case got shoved up inside my leg. I cut straight into the fat layer, there was very little bleeding and no pain to speak of. I remember thinking that the exposed part of the fat layer looked like the gel honeycomb on the bottom of old Reebok running shoes. I went to the doctor and they used a hook tool to reach in there and pull the flap of skin back out, then washed it with iodine and a wire brush (that part hurt) and gave me 15 stitches. That little triangular patch of skin never regained any feeling.

I guess my point is that you should probably get the stitches if this is sounding familiar.

At least you used neosporin. It should be okay. Keep it clean and you might get lucky. Take care of that exaust pipe before someone else gashes thier leg in a parking lot and tries to sue you.

While holding a 4'X8'X5/8" sheet of plywood above my head, I was fliping it around and accidentially dropped the whole thing on my shin taking off a 3" by 2" slice down to the bone, but the skin was still dangling, so what to do? Band-aids were to small and no gauze to wrap it up... I got it, I'll flip the skin up, pull up my sock to keep it in place and clean it up after work. Haha, well, a pretty nasty infection later and a trip to the urgent care made me realize I should restock my first-aid kit more often.

Ouch....take a grinder to it, or sand it down to dull it.

The most I ever had for pain....

Ohhh...too many stories, so I'll be brief.

1. had a used clutch set in a box, tipped the box up, the set came out, fell on my big toe...and chopped it of....had it surgically stiched back on at the second bone. I can now bend my big toe and it cracks like crazy.

2. As a kid, I rode a bike with no shoes on, the same big toe had it's nail yanked completely out by the chain. Ever pull a finger nail or toe nail out of your body?...it hurts.

3. I chewed tabbacco when I was young, had to have a cyst removed from my bladder the size of a fist...at 15 years old...

4. I impailed my right hand with a position light lens that was cracked when I was trying to settle the struts on a preflight on an F-15....wing is 9 feet off the ground, I had to jump and hang on to the wing tip to bump the struts, got hung up with 200 lbs of my weight with a light lens holding me there...

5. Was pulling a rolling toolbox across the flight line, I stopped, the box kept rolling and severed my achillies tendon on my right foot. couldn't walk for 6 weeks.

6. I've lost count of how many engine changes I've done on aircraft and cars..and each swap has had it's fair share of skinned knuckels.

7. I can't even pick up 50 lbs anymore...my back is so screwed up with something that it feels like a knife going into my spine everytime I bend down to pick something up.....and I'm only 34 years old... Been to doctors, they can't find anything wrong.. so corona and walmart ibuprofeen to get me to sleep.

But...my pain is just a pin prick compared to what some of my freinds have been thru....one guy has MS, another guy has been hit and pumeled while on a bike, and other stories I've heard from other guys at work...their stories make my wounds sound like carpet burns.

But I have been married twice.....does that count as pain?

Pain, injury, that's all fine, but because I didn't fix it the first two times makes me feel really angry at myself. and in punishment I have forced myself to drive my 1990 240D Volvo until I fix the exhaust tip. And I stuffed the end of a big box over the tip.

It's been 4 days and no infection yet. *fingers crossed* *knock on wood*

I have never had an infection, I don't know what it's like or why it needs hospitol attention, but it doesn't sound too good especailly when the bix of bandages says, "draining wound". That just doesn't sound pleasant.

I didn't see any honeycomb, it must have not been entirely through the skin. It's not in pain, but it's not numb either. It feels like a bruze.

I'm 31 and I have no back injury, although by all rights I guess I should have by now. I'm feeling awfully lucky now. I do work out 3 days a week, that might help.

Hot damn hot damn hot damn.

Everyone stop now because that smiley face bruised ass has us all beat!!!

do you see a smiley face? I see lots of pain everytime I had to sit on the pot! Have you ever gone #2 then stood up to wipe? Its messy. I had to do that for about 3 weeks!! I went through alot of Hydrocodine that month.......and toilet paper, yes its funny now. That pic is about 4 years old.