HybridZ

Showcars Bodyparts, My experience

mark

Scumbag is a much too gentle term for this guy. I have asked him repeatedly to remove my images from his website. He gives me a line of bullshit, then nothing happens.

He has photos of my hood vents that he copied straight out of the MSA catalog. I called MSA to confirm that they did not give him permission to use the images. They did not, but didn't seem to care too much since the guy does order a fair amount of stuff from them that he then re-sells.

However, I care about the issue a great deal. He's representing himself as being the manufacturer of these parts when he is in fact buying them from someone who is buying from me. And the images are photos that I shot myself, used by my permission in the MSA catalog.

I find it pointedly ironic that he has links on his website to both a "FAITH IN CHRIST AUTO CLUB" and "Pre-Paid Legal Services." In my book, that makes him a triple scumbag. I wouldn't order a $20 bill from him even if he was selling it for $1.

I'd encourage anyone who has had adverse dealings with him to report him to the Better Business Bureau. He already has a long rap sheet with them, but the more you complain the more you help others avoid him. His BBB entry is at http://www.bbb.org/kitchener/business-reviews/auto-parts-and-supplies-new/showcars-bodypartscom-in-bolton-on-1044373

Edited by DavyZ
made sure BBB link is correct....
  • Like 1

Fedex lost the package, I'm guessing there was really some sort of part in there. I'll never know. Calls and emails to SHowcars have gone unanswered.

Maybe I'll send another email, like it will do some good. I knew better going in.

Fedex lost the package, I'm guessing there was really some sort of part in there. I'll never know. Calls and emails to SHowcars have gone unanswered.

Maybe I'll send another email, like it will do some good. I knew better going in.

So fed ex will be paying you some money, correct?

Fedex would not let me file a claim without a letter from the seller saying he was asigning me the claim or some such BS. Said the shipper had to file the claim.

Thats one thing about shipping thru UPS or FedEx, you, the buyer, the one out the money and part, have no say so when it comes to filing a lost or damaged item claim. Your at the mercy of the sender.

That has given me the red ass on a couple occasions when I, as the receiver, had to file a claim. It just isn't fair.... the person who has already been paid for the item, gets the money(if insured) sent to them, and its up to him, to be a honest person, as to weather you get the funds....

The last time I had the seller send my item to me as myself. I mean, I had him fill out the shipping invoice as if he were me, and were sending it to myself. He just said his name was Joel Soileau, and put my address as the sender and the receiver, then put the invoice in the package for me.

That way if something went wrong, I was the sender, so no problem when I call to report it lost or damaged.

Lots of people buy things while in other states for them selfs, then mail it home, instead of dragging it around with them, so they don't think twice about it when you have the seller do that for you....

Just a thought.....

The last time I had the seller send my item to me as myself. I mean, I had him fill out the shipping invoice as if he were me, and were sending it to myself. He just said his name was Joel Soileau, and put my address as the sender and the receiver, then put the invoice in the package for me.

That way if something went wrong, I was the sender, so no problem when I call to report it lost or damaged.

I do that very thing myself often. Usually because I want the UPS charges on my account for tax purposes later. But, I bought a used glass top for my corvette and of course it came in damaged in shipment. I was able to file the claim myself and get it all taken care of without much hassle.

Can we get a "BEWARE" sticky on this SHOWCAR idiot. It is just unthinkable that he can continue on to hurt Z people and take their money, especially under the "Jesus" flag.

Ditto on what Oldestzguy stated and i'm sorry to hear that you had to go thru this Mark.:-(

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 10 months later I got a check from Fedex for the lost parts. A big thanks to Dayz for doing the leg work to get this done. I've NEVER met a guy on hybridz that would not go out of the way for another board member!

A great place to hang out! Since this was found money that I would have never gotten, I'm making a donation to the wind tunnel day for $405.63, the amount of the fedex check.

Another BIG thanks to Dayz and the rest of hybridz!

Mark

I have been trying to reach these guys for 2 months now via phone and email. They took money from someone and promised them parts that I sell through Bad Dog Parts. I then learned they have pics of my parts up on their website and I have someone emailing me wondering where his parts are.

Once I get back from overseas I need to contact a lawyer to resolve this.