HybridZ

Showcars Bodyparts, My experience

mark

i recently went to showcars body parts new store house that they've had in mississauga, ontario for about 6 months.

the place is a kind well organized, except the area in the back where parts just take whatever the elements throw at them.

Rob is a complete nutcase in terms of organization. he's horrible at it. infact, i don't think it's part of his regime.

i had asked him to give me a boost to the gas station so i could use the bank machine to pay for parts, and i literally sat there waiting about 40 minutes with my friend. this was after waiting an hour and a half for him to show up.

he told his employees he was going for the "mail". Personally, i think they misunderstood and i think he said "im going for the males" and went to spend a couple of hours at a gay strip club.

anyways, i ended up paying 180 canadian for a shitty set of rear flares that I should not have bought. I don't think i can sell these for more than 60 bucks, so I think i'll have to live with it.

I had Z fever, so i was hot on getting parts to start up the build. But now that I found that my Z has some bad rear end repair and that I don't want to go ahead with this chassis, and that the other chassis i'm after is probably being sold, I don't have a good set of rear quarters to design/manufacture my flare off of.

The reason i paid then and there was because one of his own employees said "when it comes to rob, you'll be lucky to get your part made within the 6 to 8 week period he states for "delivery". You probably wont get it for about 3 months, or more."

Atleast now i have a good idea of a bad part and what to steer away from when I start to make my own.

EDIT: oh, and i forgot. i told him i was gonna modify the flare to make it looks like the zg's but with bolt holes, and he said "when you're done with them, bring them back and I'll make a mold and give you a set for free"

SURE BUDDY, use my work and make money off it because you have all the resources. NOT.

I have been trying to reach these guys for 2 months now via phone and email. They took money from someone and promised them parts that I sell through Bad Dog Parts. I then learned they have pics of my parts up on their website and I have someone emailing me wondering where his parts are.

Once I get back from overseas I need to contact a lawyer to resolve this.

I think every picture of a z part is ripped off from some one else. Good luck with that.

I order my wide body and the rear spoiler from this company (showcars) take a year to get the parts ( I call all weeks to talk to the person on charge and this person allways say is on the way.

the widebody you had on your white and red car and the spoiler is what i went there for.

he gave me the rear flares that were banged up and under some other heavy stuff for 180 canadian, claiming the price on the website is in US dollars.

whatever.

all i know is that if it takes 180 dollars to see the quality in his parts that he couldnt cut me some slack on in regards to price for the work i'd have to put into them, then the 180 would be well spent when I start making one off parts for myself without his goddamn shitty stuff.

i'll just use some High Density Foam and start making my own pieces. I have a spare chassis to work with on some parts anyways, so I might as well.

I order my wide body and the rear spoiler from this company (showcars) take a year to get the parts ( I call all weeks to talk to the person on charge and this person allways say is on the way.

I bet your part is not even made yet. Good luck. I hope you get your parts.

Im surprised no one has paid the guy an in person visit and showed their displeasure with him personallyh Ive had on ocassion visited a few people that ripped me off on internet sales and made my point rather quickly with them and got a cash refund within minutes. It really helps when you show up on someones business address doorstep with half a dozen friends to make a point.

THIS GUY IN CANADA IS SCUM I know this and i hope he see this I wll post pics of His "Show car Works" Tomorrow He sold my close Friend a Dodge Daytona kit..(wing car) and he said it was ready to bolt on and the parts were dead on replicas just Fiberglass...well when we recieved the Cart it was GARBAGE warped the wing was bowed the nose did not fit right. the fender scoops were incorrect they sent 2 lefts twice for a toal of 4 lefts and one right no instructions the material you could see through in the dark many calls were made about the quality but he replied you might have to work it more

I've been to the original 'showcars' place, and I STILL remember it vividly.. I actually thought I had the wrong place, cause it looked like a scrap yard.. :icon8: I met up with a fellow hybridz'er there (Jag V12 guy.. good times..) and I think we both had the same feeling about the guy and his 'buissnes' as it was a HUGE mess.. no organization of any sort, just a mess... Fortunatly, I was lucky to live close enough to check it out for myself.. sorry pal, you won't see any of my money!

Mark,

Great I am happy that everything worked for the best, too bad you lost your money/gnose in the process. The money went for a good cause !!

For all of you that want to buy from him...Hope you live close by!!

Dayz

wait a second.

the time that i went there, i was discussing with one of the employers about what a Gnose looks like, because he had told me he was doing some datsun z front end, and said it was expensive.

and i looked into one of the booths at the back, and I SAW A BLACK GEL COATED Gnose front end inside the booth that was cracked and very badly made.

They tried to repair it , but then they said it's garabge, and that they would just remake the entire thing, as the front fascia area was so bumpy and crinkley.

I Think that was your Gnose man!?

• 1 month later...

i ordered through show cars he drop ships the msa kits so you dont have to worry about those also ordered some fiberglass fenders and got them after alot of calls a threat to cancle and they showed up yesterday. over all they look good the pass side has some what of a bow in it i think might be able to be worked out. I did pay paypal but i dont think i will dispute yet because rob actually called me first thing this morning to talk to me about it and try and find an anwser.

I bought a front bumper and front spoiler from them, both are crap. It took forever to get them, he kept saying he was busy or understaffed. Whatever, he certainly didn't have trouble taking my money quickly. The bumper had so many defects in the surface I basically rebuilt it before I could use it and the front spoiler isn't even close to fitting. When I called him and all he had to say was "really"? I guess you get what you pay for, his stuff was cheap compared to other options, but never again.

Guest 280ZForce
BTW... I had someone call last year and said they wanted to order 10 240Z glass hoods and what the discount price is. I told him the first 8 are full price and 9 and 10 are free. He didn't like that and wanted the 20% off on each one that he ordered until he ordered a total of 10. I asked him how long before he completes his order for 10. He said he didn't know. I said, good bye.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The funny part of this is... whether john gives them hoods 9 and 10 for free or if he sells all 10 at 20% off... IT'S THE SAME FREAKING TOTAL IN THE END!

Sorry but that "buyer" is a moron! Do the math buddy. Giving him 2 free hoods is 20% off the total order.

On another note...sorry everyone is getting ripped off by Showcars, but it has been proven time and time again on here that he is a very shady dealer. Good luck to you all with getting your craptastic parts via a long waiting period with endless reminder calls and emails and more time than they are worth.

• 3 weeks later...

I did not want to start a new thread because this one warns everyone of the quality of the parts being sold by showcars. Anyway, I just saw this on ebay and wanted to say it sure looks like showcars work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-G-nose-kit-240zg-260-280-ZG-gnose-zgnose_W0QQitemZ250097897660QQcategoryZ36475QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If someone is looking for a G-Nose, $700.00 is way to much for this one.

• 5 months later...