HybridZ

Just bought a z!!

Awesome site!! Just bought a restored silver 1974 260z and i'm looking for some cool wheels.... pics will be posted once car is received.. really confused on the wheel selection and my head is still spinning from all of the backspacing/spacer info i've read from the "search" button!! great info but just confused.. the car is all stock and i think i will buy the mm coilover set to lower the car a bit... my question is will the konig 17" imagine wheels kit (the kit that is on close out and comes with spacers) fit my stocker and what tire width should i run with 7" wheels? (i will be using the 40 series). of course i don't want rubbing but i like wide tires. any side and rear pics with those wheels would be much appreciated.. sorry so long... neebe.... thanks in advance!!

There is a set of Advan Oni wheels on ebay right now with the correct offset and lug pattern....Out of my price range, but they are super rare in that size. That's MY dream wheel package at least.

ONI17%20001.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-YOKOHAMA-ADVAN-RACING-ONI-240SX-S13-S14-D1-DRIF_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43957QQihZ005QQitemZ150018236357QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

... my question is will the konig 17" imagine wheels kit (the kit that is on close out and comes with spacers) fit my stocker and what tire width should i run with 7" wheels? (i will be using the 40 series). of course i don't want rubbing but i like wide tires. any side and rear pics with those wheels would be much appreciated.. sorry so long... neebe.... thanks in advance!!
I'm going to assume you're talking about these from MSA:

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC19/25-1051

These wheels are the type used on Honda vehicles. You can get the same (or very similar) spacers to what MSA includes with their wheels from ModernMotorsports

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6&PHPSESSID=5db112fda4b6d25b6ce66dff3860aa53

As Ross lists at the Modern Motorsports website site you can now buy pretty much any Honda wheel. You will have a better selection this way, and can probably get a better deal. I'm using Ross' adapters with aftermarket Honda wheels and tires from Dicount Tire.

rear.JPG

I'm using Konig Theory 17 x 7 rims with 225/45-17 tires. You could fit an 8" wide rim with coilovers, but the rims are harder to find and more expensive.

I'm using Konig Theory 17 x 7 rims with 225/45-17 tires.

Nice look. I just picked up some 17x7 Honda wheels myself. I haven't really decided on tire size yet' date=' but I'm thinking sticking with 60 series. I'm afraid 50s or 45's will make it mighty tough to turn the front wheels sitting still. I'm running 235/14/60's now and its tough. Of course I do have that soon to be eliminated Scarab setup. Any idea if 17's with 60 series tires is going to be fit issues with a stock suspension?

[img']http://www.dejavideo.net/280z8/17x7-wheels.jpg[/img]

Check this out:

http://www.sccoa.com/faq/tirecalc.html

Look how tall your 60 series 17's will be. Almost 28 inches for a 225/60/17! That's ridiculously tall for a Z. Should be somewhere in the 23 to 24 inch tall range IMO for a street car. A 225/40/17 is in that height range.

Yeah, 27.1 with 215/60/17 is still tall. I found one of those sites yesterday, that's why I asked. Right now with the 14" wheels and 235/60/14 I'm at 25.1". Seems like a lot of room left in there but now I'm thinking I should have gone with 16" wheels.

But 23-24 seems mighty small. What tires did these cars come stock with?

I think it was a 175/SR/14. I ***think*** that's equivalent to a 175/78/14. The calculator shows that is ~25" tall tire.

I am definitely biased towards small diameter rims and tires, maybe I should have stated that up front. The shorter the tire the lower the car, without messing up suspension geometry. Also lowers the final drive ratio.

I think it was a 175/SR/14. I ***think*** that's equivalent to a 175/78/14. The calculator shows that is ~25" tall tire.

I am definitely biased towards small diameter rims and tires' date=' maybe I should have stated that up front. The shorter the tire the lower the car, without messing up suspension geometry. Also lowers the final drive ratio.[/quote']

All true, you can compensate for the tire height with the ratio to a point, but without power steering it can get to be a PITA if you get too wide. Lowering the drive ratio in this world of $4.00 a gallon gas might not be a good thing, LOL. My car is a daily driver and I won't be racing it. Right now my tires/wheels look mighty small in there but stick out too far because the offet is all wrong.

Thanks For The Info!!! I'll Try To Look For Some Konig Image "style" Wheels That Come In 17x8.... Does Anyone Has Any Ideas On Who Makes A Wheel That Size, Please Chime In... If I Can't Find Anything That I Like In The 17x8, I Guess I'll Go With The Imagine 17x7 And 225/40/17 Tires..... Apparently That Is A Pretty Safe Pick And By The Looks Of Barts "570", It Looks Killer!! Thanks Again

You can find wider than 7's if you go 5 lug or spend more for high end 4 lug wheels. 225's fit nice on 7's. I ran 225-45-17's on them. I did run a 245-40 on an 8 in the front. It wasn't noticably harder to turn. Those Advans seem like a pretty good deal.

I really like the look of your car. What wheels are those and what size are your tires?

Thanks. 5zigen 17x8' date=' 17x9, 235-45, 275-40. They are 5 lug though.

Those 17x8 Konigs are nice. I didn't know they made something in an 8 that was 4 lug.[/quote']

Thanks I did notice you had 5 lugs. Someday maybe, damn this is an expensive hobby, LOL. Gotta get my drive train swap done first.