HybridZ

1971 240z restoration PICS

Well a couple of minutes ago I installed the hatch glass of the 240z I had 2 types of glass horizontal lines glass and the vertical i went with vertical..I just need to buy the front windshield cause my dumb @ss broke the glass when i was removing it just to save the damn weatherstrip.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_213.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_214.JPG

SPECIAL TOOLS YOU NEED TO INSTALL THE GLASS.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_218.JPG

2 pieces of paint mixing sticks.

After the MSA show I was in a working mood so i finish installing the doors weatherstipping and windows.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_215.JPG

Some stuff i pick up at the junkyard a couple of weeks ago

83 280zx 5 speed transmission and R200 3.9 diff and some z31 turbo cv's.

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_216.JPG

240zrestorationcarpicturesandfamilly_217.JPG

Have you installed that airdam yet? I am dying to see what it looks like on the car painted. I am thinking of getting that same one. I don't like hanging the license plate from the bumper, and the police around here like to see a plate on the front of the vehicle. I can't count how many times I got pulled over for no front plate in my old camaro. Car is looking great!

Maybe wickedwicked240z is preparing another engine somewhere else? I hope it's going to be fast to match the looks :) Even now, the car looks great - it even made me consider white paint for my car (I chose to go burgundy in the end). I think my project will look more or less like this, so I'll have to check for updates frequently :)

Wikie,

Wow! Just plain wow! The pics you posted of the body after media blasting and priming are priceless!! How many of us want to know what is under that carpeting or under the dash and now with those pics it is easy to see. I wish I had found this when you first posted.

Clearly this car is going to be spectacular and with your excellent documentation the rest of us really benefit (God, I love the internet!). Please, please, please keep posting pics and descriptions of your progress.

Paul