HybridZ

Custom Exhaust Flange Reserve List

HoustonZ

So who is interested in a CNC'ed Exhaust flange for the L28? They are going to be made of 3/8 steel. It will be waterjet cut, so there will be no heat distortion around the edges. We're looking at a price between $50-$75. This is very dependent on how many people are interested. The shop gives price breaks at 25, and 50. I can pass along all the savings, as long as we have the people to do it.

Thanks,

Andrew

Flange_thumb.JPG

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew,

Just a thought.....since the exhaust flange you will be water-jetting are .375" thick, why not also provide appropriately thick stepped washers to accomodate an easy intake manifold install! Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Things hit a bit of a roadblock. Justin is no longer able to take measurements for the flanges. I'm having a head shipped to me, so that I'll be able to measure/test fit everything myself. Probably be another week delay.
I got a pace setter sqare port header i can cut on a my ban saw as a p-type. let me know!

• 1 month later...

Ive been following this thread and I too would like one of these flanges.Is there an option to have them cut from stainless? If not, would you sell the DXF so I could make my own? I know the layout and testing is the most time consuming aspect of a project like this and you should be compensated for your efforts.

Sorry, I couldn't get a single piece cut from stainless. There are some people here with cnc plasma access, and I'm sure we could work out a deal with them. Yep, we can definitely do a deal with the dxf.

Finals for school are k-i-l-l-i-n-g my free time, which means all this stuff takes forever to finish.