HybridZ

found a 280zxt in my local junkyard...

OlderThanMe

Well here are a bunch of photos. The car passed emissions last in 2000...

It is pretty much complete except for injectors and the dizzy and spark plug wires.

m50277273.jpg

m50277314.jpg

T-tops that are near perfect. Perfect for grafting onto an S30..

m50277351.jpg

the missing dizzy

m50277332.jpg

the turbo:

m50277324.jpg

the body: this thing was like top of the line...look at the little sprayers for the headlights.

m50277251.jpg

need a tranny?

m50277264.jpg

seeing this was a little traumatic...

m50277344.jpg

this too..

m50277302.jpg

well they said they want $600 for the motor and then another $400 for the turbo stuff and then $500 for the tranny...

I can get an exhaust manifold for like $50 and then a holset for like $350-$400...I am not paying $400 for a stock turbo and manifold...what do y'all think its worth?

there were soo many Z31s there it is not even funny. At least 15 z31 turbos

well they said they want $600 for the motor and then another $400 for the turbo stuff and then $500 for the tranny...

I can get an exhaust manifold for like $50 and then a holset for like $350-$400...I am not paying $400 for a stock turbo and manifold...what do y'all think its worth?

there were soo many Z31s there it is not even funny. At least 15 z31 turbos

WHA!!!! :malebitch: Tell them that thats absurd, I would offer 600 for the entire package, otherwise they can sit on it and watch it melt into worthless scrap. 1,500.00! geez, it doesnt even have a dizzy or injectors! You could seriously buy a running and complete 280ZX in decent shape for that, then part out the rest to make some of your money back.

yeah I know. The problem is that ZXTs are a little rare around here. There were 3 ZXTs there and this was the only one with the motor still in it. There were about 120 Z cars and mostly Z31s. About 30 S30s but most of them totaled and missing 80 percent of the parts. All I need now is the stuff to convert my L26 to turbo just for setting up megasquirt and to get me around. I'll build a better block later on when I have the money.

he wants 400 for the turbo stuff so I think I'll keep looking.

Maybe if it was all rebuilt and nice but not like that. I spent $20 a long time ago on an old used gas cap there and I had to search like 45 minutes to find one that was right.

What a con artist! Just for reference: I bought a used t04 for $50, a used pulsar gti-r intercooler for $40, and a wastegate for $100. I'm making my own manifold, so I'll let you know how much that ends up being...$20 for a gas cap! wtf?! You could have gotten a new aftermarket for less than that, possibly even a new nissan one from somebody! Un acceptable. You can tell him I said that.

There's hardly any Z's around here too. I watched the local papers for about a year before I saw ANY ads for a 280zx turbo. It just so happened to be a junker for $400 with a pristine motor. So it can happen, you'll just have to be extremely patient..

That is slightly to much to ask for that car..... I hate when you run across these septics that think their sitting on a gold mine when they try to sell the Z cars/ parts.

If you can hold out, you will do better than that deal... BTW, where abouts do you live??

(BTW Yasin, if it looks like that outside where your at right now.... I'm haulin my rump up to Col.

Its to dang hot where I'm at right now.... :fmad: )

Yeah, those prices are not just high, they are insane. I would not pay more than 600$ for a running longblock that you've done a leakdown on, + T5, ecu, harness, everything, pulled and loaded for you. Those guys are delusional.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I also asked a local junkyard to search for one. They had a L28et in another yard, but it was $1100 for the motor, not including wiring or tranny. So I was looking into getting a 1jz-gte clip for only a few hundred more. Fortunately I found that 280zx which ended up saving me a lot of money for goodies :D

(BTW Yasin' date=' if it looks like that outside where your at right now.... I'm haulin my rump up to Col.

Its to dang hot where I'm at right now.... :fmad: )[/quote']

C'mon down J! Would love to have you spend some time with you...the weather is cool, the beer is cold and there is lots of room!

Granted that shot is a little old...:)

Yasin

your going to school! stop with the turbo's I got my motor for $150 all the guy wanted me to take off was the alt. and a/c comp. the head if its a p90 and not a p90a is worth about $100-$150 tops. the turbo aint worth nothing. manifold $50-$75 on e-bay all day long.

yeah yeah...my dad is going to hook me up with some motor stuff wile I am gone so that I why I am still looking. I guess I'll do something different. Maybe I'll get a turbo exhaust manifold and a holset and rig up dual TBI on my SU intakes...that would be cool.

Hey phil do you still have that scatched up turbo block or did you dump it?