HybridZ

LS2 Swap Done!

I put over 20 miles on the Z today,It feels like everything is in place.Minus the Exhaust wich is to low,It hit on a bad road and a speed bump.

I want to thank all HybridZ members,Special thank's to Mike(MAS280),Joey,Mike (JTR), John and my Brother.......

I have a video,I should uploaded tomorrow!

Thank's!

Congrats:-o Where did you get the engine from? GM recyclers in Rancho? Is it the 350hp or 400hp?

I bought my engine from e-bay,It was one f the first lot available.It came with 400hp.

I'll bet your Z drives as good as it looks!

It drives nice but I still need to take it to the aligment.

Congrats Sergio, I have been waiting a long time. Now you can go out to the track with us.

I'm trying to put some miles so I can get it dyno tuned asap.I need to order the wheels and tires for the strip sometime next week.I call you for the specs on the tires, Wheels are 15 x 8 with a 5'' backspacing right?

CONGRATS!!!!

whadda bout the festy?

Festiva is down for now' date='The main turbo seal gave up and im getting white smoke,I have an extra turbo laying somewhere + an engine.I just dont have much free time now.I should start working on it next week.

Sergio,

Congrats. I know you are enjoying the ride. The LS power in a Z is nothing short of incredible.

You will absolutely love 3rd gear. Wait til you get into it.

Can't wait to see the video.

Welcome to the LS club!

I am enjoying the ride, I have always enjoyed riding this car.I drove it to work today and I got on it on 3rd gear @ 1900rpm to 4100rpm on like a little over half throttle.I can see its going to be fast.

Absolutely! Every day in the saddle of the beast will be a joy. I've been daily driving mine for over three years now and the smile is still there!

I will drive my car on summertime.I hope can drive it that long without any main issues.

Congrats Sergio' date='

Man I wish I was done with mine. Can't wait to at least get started on the swap. The garage is filling up with stuff. Its like Christmas when the UPS driver comes.

Mike[/quote']

Youll get there be patient, It takes time.Once you drive it youll forget how long it took if averything comes out right.Every little thing takes up to days to fix.I used to order my parts to arrive @ my Moms house and every weekends was X-mas for me.I have been ordering parts the past year and havent stopped, I wonder if theres is an end sometimes.......

CONGRATS!!! Glad to help out! My exhaust also (same as yours) to me seems too low! Mike (mas280) thinks the exhaust could have been tucked up higher. Hoover told me thats as high as he could get it. Have you blew out those paper collector gaskets yet? Mine lasted about 30 miles! Copper is the way to go. O.K. I'll leave the exhaust alone....... Except.... Isn't the sound awesome!!!

I believe the 15x8 with 5 inch back spacing is correct and my MT drag radials are 235/60/15. Thats the biggest you can stuff in there. Looking forward to seeing you at the track. Forget the seeing...... Racing you at the track! Again Nice, Nice job!

JOEY

CONGRATS!!! Glad to help out! My exhaust also (same as yours) to me seems too low! Mike (mas280) thinks the exhaust could have been tucked up higher. Hoover told me thats as high as he could get it. Have you blew out those paper collector gaskets yet? Mine lasted about 30 miles! Copper is the way to go. O.K. I'll leave the exhaust alone....... Except.... Isn't the sound awesome!!!

I believe the 15x8 with 5 inch back spacing is correct and my MT drag radials are 235/60/15. Thats the biggest you can stuff in there. Looking forward to seeing you at the track. Forget the seeing...... Racing you at the track! Again Nice, Nice job!

JOEY

Thanks Joey,

Well on my exhaust I see it could still go up atleast half an inch.I have not had a problem with the paper gaskets yet ( i have like 65 miles on them) I will go to hoover sometime next week so they can chage them and see if they will raise my exhaust a little.........The sound is great but definetly not for a daily driver.

We got some quotes for wheels yesterday and they are $250 a piece.We are going to search a little more.We are going with a full slick.