HybridZ

Got it back together and test drove!!!!

Guest V8Z

Finally, Got the fast burn heads on, new comp cam, and air gap intake. Had a few problems with the vortec intake, and the oem rockers hitting. Clearanced the valve covers and the rocker problem was gone. After a few different intake gaskets the intake problem worked out also. I posted some pics down below, kinda hard to see the heads. The test drive prove to be worth it! Lots of torque down low! Hope to dyno it this week and I will let you know the #'s soon as I can. Thanks for the help guys!

Datsun002.jpg

Datsun009.jpg

Datsun007.jpg

Datsun006.jpg

Datsun003.jpg

Yeah what seats are those? Wonder if I can get em in cloth...I am in need for seats soon.

They are the summit racing seats, 189.00 Each. Pretty good price and quailty.

what was the part # on the cam,you sellected,the compression ratio you finally had and part # on the heads and intake, carb size ETC

The cam is a comp cam part # 12-238-2. It has .462 intake and .469 exhaust. The heads are GMPP Fast burns heads. I picked the heads up off ebay for 550.00. They only had 2000 miles on them. That was the best deal I came across in a long time. The carb. is a Holley street avenger double pumper feed at 670cfm. The intake is a edelbrock air gap. The headers are headman header block huggers. I know the starting compression was 8.5 to 1, but I'm not sure what it is now with the smaller combustion chambers in the heads.

Nice. Love to hear test drive stories. Love Silver. Where did ya get the strut brace?

I made the strut brace out of some material I bought from the local speed shop. Parts from one car for this and parts from another car for that.

• Administrators

Stunning, elegant, clean, just plain WOW!!!

The beauty of your car is in the details such as decluttering, i.e. no marker lights, no body add-ons, simple engine bay, just clean and simple. Clutter free definitely makes a car look more elegant and exotic then one that is decorated like a Christmas tree.

Very nice, good work. Thank you for sharing.