HybridZ

Ebay Scam: My Car On Ebay

240hoke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This seller just had a Ford F150 for sale also. At the top of the F150 ad it says "This item or one like it has been relisted" and when you click it your taken to the Z.

It looks like the F150 went to the ad closing time and no bids. What is he doing harvesting eBay user names? you can't bid unless your approved.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6219&item=270035980469

He is a horrible scammer. The truck is a much better piece to use. Why would you pick a highly modified car that can easily be identified??? Seems like they would have more sense! lead me to think they are a member of the Z car community or at least car community, my car seems like a awfully strange car to pick out....

Well then, go forth and kick some butt!! I'll be watching the auction from the sidelines and LMFAO:flamedevi

...We've seen that here on hybridz before and we generally have fun and bid it up in the millions of dollars while reporting the seller to ebay. All in fun.

Oh, and my life does not revolve around ebay, I could care less about negative feedback, especially from this schmuck.

7:48:10 PM System Connecting to server. Please wait...

7:48:10 PM System Connected to Chat Server

7:48:10 PM System Initial Question/Comment: Other

7:51:53 PM System Kristine I. has joined this session!

7:51:53 PM System Connected with Kristine I.

7:52:04 PM Kristine I. Hello and welcome to eBay Motors Live Chat, my name is Kristine. How may I help you today?

7:52:27 PM You this item is a scam

7:52:39 PM You http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115449

7:52:56 PM Kristine I. I'd be happy to help you with that.

7:53:07 PM Kristine I. Just to make sure, your registered eBay User ID is would that be correct?

7:53:17 PM You yes that is me

7:53:50 PM You there is a feloow in our internet forum who owns this car

7:53:55 PM You it is not for sale

7:54:15 PM You these pictures were copied from a website

7:55:50 PM You I am v80z on hybriz.org

7:56:03 PM Kristine I. Thank you for confirming your User ID>

7:56:54 PM Kristine I. Thank you for waiting.

7:57:07 PM Kristine I. Is this about the Austin?

7:57:14 PM You yes

7:57:22 PM You no datsun

7:58:17 PM Kristine I. I see.

7:58:25 PM Kristine I. You did a good thing bringing this to our attention. Thank you for doing so.

7:58:50 PM Kristine I. I will have this reported immediately.

7:59:40 PM Kristine I. For safe buying tips, you can refer to this help page: http://pages.motors.ebay.com/howto/buying/transaction/passvehicles.html

7:59:51 PM You thanks

8:00:44 PM Kristine I. Should you come across with this, please feel free to report it. And if you see a suspicious listing, please report it by clicking on the Report this item link on the bottom of the page.

8:01:25 PM Kristine I. Here's a helpful link to know more about the red flags for a fraudulent transaction: http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=red-flags

I am logging into ebay live to tip them off. I will post what transpires.

Ebay sucks big ones when to try and stop something like that fast. I just finished two different live chats with them morons... they just try and pass the buck with you, saying its not their dept. that handles that type of issue...

Both ended up giving me a link to click on to report it. Everytime I've ever tried to do something about a scam auction, this happens... its almost like they don't REALLY want to stop them, cause the're making money off of them, even though they are frauds.

Think about it, ebay gets paid when you open a auction, weather its legit or not. They get their insertion fees, etc. soon as you click on the complete auction button. You HAVE to have a credit card/ bank account on file to sell on ebay.... they know who these crooks are....

Yup... big business gives us all the big stiffy. Sorry admins:redface: Please don't kick me off the site:shock: I love it here:-D

Will the jury please forget the previous statements...:wink:

Ebay sucks big ones when to try and stop something like that fast.

eBay gets a lot of bogus fraud complaints from users trying to shut down competitor's auctions. When I first tried to auction off the Quaife transmission from the ROD another user selling a Jerico race transmisison told eBay my listing was a fraud. It was shut down and my acocunt suspended. It took a week to get it re-activated. The other user was banned - after he got his transmission sold.