HybridZ

Full Races Project R14

JustinOlson

Sweet!!!

why didn't anyone think of this before?

Of course people have but most car guys were like "Naw thats too much work and $$ fabbing" or just thats impossible aka poeple being lazy and just not innovating.

Thats pretty sweet, Ive always wondered how hard it would ACTUALLY be to convert it to AWD.

~Alex

"Here are some pics of my "R14" which i am debuting at SEMA. It will be next month's Modified Magazine cover car so keep an eye out.

I have always wanted a GTR. After spending the last 4 years building every car under the sun (MR2, Supra, Evo, NSX, S2000, M3, 240, eclipse, etc etc) all i wanted is AWD and a supra engine, in a sub-3000lb car, and LHD (i dont know how all you guys get used to RHD). So we took my S14, an R32 GTR front clip, Full-Race's 6 engineers, and 8 months and we finished my new daily driver. AWD, LHD 240sx

easy to register/insure, LHD, and its GTR everywhere it counts. The engine is currently stock, but right after SEMA we have a built motor with a gorgeous hypertuner billet aluminum intake manifold to drop in place.

The setup currently is: Stock RB26DET motor + ITB, tomei cams, full-race gt42R twinscroll (more of a drag race turbo for the show/magazine, will be replaced by a 40R), dual wg turbo kit, 4" dp&exh, 4.5" thick intercooler with only 2 feet of charge piping, fully adjustable tq split (ATTESSA deleted), HICAS eliminated, custom KONI coilover suspension, PowerFC, RC 1000cc injectors, Dual intank walbro fuel pumps, and a few other things im forgetting. going to keep the motor 100% stock, push it until it cracks a piston, then build it. I figure ill have some fun before i tear it apart smile.gif I have seen manny cruz do insane stuff on a 100% stock RB, so i really want to find out for myself what a stock RB26 can handle

my favorite shot:

1260902956_l.jpg

me driving:

1260904067_l.jpg

engine w/ gt42R:

1260911626_l.jpg

thought you guys would be interested!"

http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?p=1343790

Makes sense - but since they are using the GT-R subframe, I don't know if that changes anything,(if it moves the motor, etc..).

So Justin - are you or Full Race planning on a build diary or similar, i.e. what was modified and how? Was it largely bolt in for the subframes or was their significant mods to the body?

I saw on another forum that they are looking at a $12k-15k rolling shell price, (I'm guessing that includes a S13 or S14? At least that was the way it appeared in the Full Race forums).

That means you are looking at a mid $20k car completed. I'm esp. interested in how it compares to the Full Race time attack S14 which has won most of its events. There is a real apples-apples comparison, a well setup RWD S14 vs the R14 setup. For those who haven't read some of the other forums, they are planning on testing and tuning to see if it is faster than their current Time attack S14.

-Bob

I'm not sure. I'm not related to the project in any way. Just reposting what I've seen on the net.

Regards,

Justin

Makes sense - but since they are using the GT-R subframe, I don't know if that changes anything,(if it moves the motor, etc..).

So Justin - are you or Full Race planning on a build diary or similar, i.e. what was modified and how? Was it largely bolt in for the subframes or was their significant mods to the body?

I saw on another forum that they are looking at a $12k-15k rolling shell price, (I'm guessing that includes a S13 or S14? At least that was the way it appeared in the Full Race forums).

That means you are looking at a mid $20k car completed. I'm esp. interested in how it compares to the Full Race time attack S14 which has won most of its events. There is a real apples-apples comparison, a well setup RWD S14 vs the R14 setup. For those who haven't read some of the other forums, they are planning on testing and tuning to see if it is faster than their current Time attack S14.

-Bob

I know a guy in tacoma who did that a couple years ago but with an S13. I have a video of it on my other computer. From what I remember he cut the strut towers out of the AWD car then welded them into the S13 and used the AWD subframe. The video was because noone believed he had actually done it, all the video showed was the car turning the dyno with the front wheels while the back ones were on jack stands.

He said it was pretty easy to do, didn't take lots of work, but it took almost a year from when he started to when he finished.

I'm 99% sure this is also the guy who does work on Robb's R32. (There was a post a couple days ago with pics, but they were deleted by the time I saw it)

• 1 month later...