HybridZ

Interesting Chassis work on sweet rx7

Check out this carbon fiber RX7 on ebay. I thought the front struts were interesting, there has been a lot of talk around here lately on bracing of the front strut towers. It seems to have very little bracing (maybe because it is under 2000lbs:shock:)

Check it out,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-RX7-Race-Car-Carbon-Fiber-Fast-Turbo_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ98064QQhashZitem270036672682QQihZ017QQitemZ270036672682QQrdZ1

Stony, I think everyone's concern is that the tube chassis suddenly seems to end at the firewall. It is hard to see in the pics, but there appear to only be two lower frame rails, and a lower engine crossmember (and perhaps a strut bar). With all of the attention given to the rest of the car, I would expect to see some (any) additional triangulation of the front suspension pickups.

...it appears to have a lot of production car still left in it.

Yeah, it does. Looks like the strut tops are stock, and possibly part of the pan as well. Rear suspension doesn't look fabricated either, at least not the part that it attaches to.

That said, that is one badass car and I would LOVE to own it!

Sorry, it is defiantly not a full tube chassis. Lots of tube work but not a full chassis. For the amount of work and money put into the car he probably could have started with gt1 chassis or something of the sort.

No doubt a bad ass ride. How about some air jacks in my Z?